Site Admin
I have uploaded a delta patch to
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Testing/"
linktext was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Testing/"
====================================

Patch this to antiX-M11-pt2-686.iso

Really just to test out a couple of things I added

1. Installer now has option to able/disable services such as wicd, frequtils, cups and laptopmode. These carry over to install.
2. Timezone select in installer needs checking that it actually does set correct timezone.
afab4
anticapitalista wrote: 1. Installer now has option to able/disable services such as wicd, frequtils, cups and laptopmode. These carry over to install.
2. Timezone select in installer needs checking that it actually does set correct timezone.
I can verify that everything works when all services are selected and my timezone Detroit worked OK.
Also, the B43 drivers are back __{{emoticon}}__

I will reinstall without wicd etc. options and try a different timezone and see what happens.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks afab4. I'm glad you caught the B43 bug in pt2 as it potentially could have been a disaster.
(I discovered that using clean up would delete the b43 folder in /lib/firmware. This is now fixed.)
afab4
I just completed a clean pt2.5 install with the services all"unselected" and none of them are active. I chose Los Angeles as my timezone and it installed correctly.
I was still able to connect wirelessly using ceni so it looks like a good way to save some ram memory by not having wicd load by default.
oldhoghead
Site Admin
anti,

just running for now the 2.5 via livecd, firewall works, very nice job, streamtuner now opens qmmp, have not found anything that has not already been reported. Will install this later today. We've got freezing weather here -8.5 c and will be colder tonight and for the next three days. So, with frozen roads, not much to do but test __{{emoticon}}__

Will try to post back tomorrow

cheers,
ohh
Cuttlefish
Burning the new 2.5 iso tonight...I hope I'm doing it right. I'll give a post tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Dave
oldhoghead
Site Admin
anti,

installed to laptop, timezone carried over correct from installer, unchecked wicd and that too worked correctly, that is wicd not running. One minor question, I was playing with the menu>settings>themes, and if you don't note what the default theme is and you play around with different themes, then decide well I want the default theme back, and you click on default, you get the debian default theme, so would naming it Debian default, and adding antiX default be simpler for all?

One thing I did notice was no option for dialup on install, so does that mean that the default is to install? Or did I overlook it?

Well on to testing, overall it looks great and runs very good. I like the changes to control center __{{emoticon}}__

edit:hibernate only works after adding resume=/dev/hda2 to grub boot line, must point to your swap partition in order to hibernate; suspend works, but when it resumes from suspend I have a black screen, by doing ctrl-alt-f1 then ctrl-alt-f7 I get normal desktop back

cheers,
ohh
Cuttlefish
Installed M11 pt2.5 on my old HP8755C. Working fine. No issues thus far. Timezone sets okay and no issues with installer options.
Very nice.
Cuttlefish
Installed pt2.5 on my"newer pc" compaq presario SR5610F 3GB ram NVIDIA 6150 SE. So far so good.
I would like to try liquorix Kernel install via smxi, but which Kernel is recommended? Is the choice system dependent? Can an unusable Kernel be removed?
Dave
rokytnji
Keep Kernel that is working. If New Kernel gives Problems. You can unistall image and headers via synaptic package manager or use smxi again to uninstall liqourix or sid kernels. Just keep a good working kernel to boot into in case you need to delete one that does not work. I have had a lot of practise with this on my gear. Some would work. Some not. My gear is ancient in some respects to other users here.
Cuttlefish
Thanks roky.