topic title: partimage question
dolphin_oracle
I'm getting ready to install the windows 8 dev. preview on my netbook. I want to image the winxp paritition thats on currently on the netbook. Since I already have antix m11 on the netbook, I thought I could image the ntfs windows drive with the partimage tool in the control panel.

quick question...have any of you used this tool to image a ntfs drive and did the restore go OK?

Thanks.

D.O.
Dave
Sorry DO, have not tried that before. But I have seen clonezilla work, seems to work alright but if you are cloning a smaller disk to a larger one it will be stuck at the smaller disk size.
dolphin_oracle
the plan is to image back to the original drive when my play time with windows 8 is over, so size shouldn't be a concern. clonezilla worked ok with a ntfs parition?

thanks.

d.o.
Dave
Yep mirrored a 500 GB drive to a 1TB drive with windows 7 on it, it is really slow compared to others as it copies sector by sector. The 1 TB drive was completely wiped and became a 500GB drive. That was a huge downside to clonezilla. ghost is a good program as well that will not kill the drive size and contents on separate partitions, however it requires removing the drive from the netbook and copying it over using another computer