topic title: Opera
nt351
Is anyone using Opera here ? This is not a poll, I would like to ask something.
plvera
I am.
nt351
Here it goes
I use IceWm as window manager. Start up Opera; Opera icon shows up in the tray; sometimes a terminal-like small window pops up, too; can't close it, only ctrl+alt+bksp closes it

Tried adjusting winoptions, makes no difference.
plvera
I use DWM or Fluxbox and very rarely IceWm, but I'll try to replicate your problem. I'll post how it goes.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
nt351, I have seen that happen when switching from icewm to fluxbox or vice-versa within the session.
One reason why that feature in the menu was dropped in later versions of antiX.
nt351
And it is not even consistent. Sometimes Opera just feels like popping up this icon-sized window
nt351
From now on I will start Opera with '-notrayicon' option; see if it makes a difference
rokytnji
Howdy nt351. I am a biker and use Linux in a primitive way compared to most every body here. I install browsers from the site origin like opera 10.1, Firefox 3.6, bypassing apt-get or synaptic. The advantage is I have full control of how to install and set up menus. The drawback is I won't be able to upgrade via synaptic or apt-get which is fine by me. I wrote up on how I did this with icecat 3.5 browser. And I use the same system for newest releases of Opera and Firefox. While I do this as a personal preference. Maybe you can learn something from my install steps.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/how-i-installed-icecat-3-5-3-in-antix-8-2-t1984.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/how-i-insta ... t1984.html"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

These steps work for any external browser you download and extract and put in /opt folder. Making the launcher is as easy as pie in any desktop except for maybe enlightment. Just a helpful hint. In /home in file manager I create a new folder called Icons(I know there are hidden folder in /home with icons but I do this anyways). Then I download from google images whatever icon I wish to use for launcher and place it in /home/Icons folder. Then I just copy and paste icon location into icewm toolbar script or icewm menu script or in fluxbox menu script I would just have it launch with /opt/opera/opera.
Launcher script will always begin with /opt if you put it in that folder. That is just the way I do it. Doesn't mean you have to do it this way. Linux is about choice anyhows. This is just what works for me. Good luck with it. Happy Trails, Rok
Where you place the launcher is up to you.