BitJam
I was looking for a DE/WM to replace KDE-3 (I'm not a fan of KDE-4) and several people steered me to the Enlightenment WM. When I first fired it up, I was extremely underwhelmed. The default"winter" theme is perfectly bland and there were no background images available. The fonts were tiny and hard to read. But once I started playing around with it, I fell in love.

E16 (not the development version, e17) is small and fast and stable yet it is packed with wonderful features and is infinitely configurable. I've got two high resolution monitors that I normally use with NVidia's TwinView but I've been unable to get the NVidia drivers to work on antiX-8.5 so I thought I would give you all a peek at what e16 can look like at 1024x768. I think it could be the perfect DE/WM for netbooks or other systems with a smaller display.

The themes don't match the background images. That's because I used the bg images that came with antiX and haven't copied my 3550x1200 wallpapers over yet. Notice the vertical pager on the right hand side of the screen, seven boxes stacked on top of each other. It shows the background for each desktop and even shows you little pictures of each window. You can drag windows from desktop to desktop in the pager or even drag a window out of the pager into the current desktop. The size, orientation, and layout of the pager is totally configurable.

I'm planning to write a series of HOWTOs explaining how to install (easy) and configure (harder) e16. I've got another pic and e16 instructions in HTML to upload but it looks like I will have to put those in another post. If you want total control over every pixel and keypress and mouse action on your screen and if you're willing to edit text config files and learn a new system then e16 might be the right DE/WM for you.
E16 Settings Panel with NorthernDark theme
E16 Settings Panel with NorthernDark theme
lxpanel two terminal windows NorthernDark theme
lxpanel two terminal windows NorthernDark theme
lxpanel gVim and pager
lxpanel gVim and pager
secipolla
I think you could talk to anti, so you put a page in the antiX main site with a link to the antiX How-To page.
rokytnji
I for one look foward to your How Tos Bitjam. I used to run E16 in Ubuntu. Now I run E17 but in MacPup. Macpup Golden theme .

impuwat
I had a really nice e17 antiX install in the past. One of my favorite variations and ran it a long time. Finally hosed it trying something crazy. Never could re-create it.

@rokytnji....I bit. Downloading Macpup right now.
rokytnji
Just a suggestion impuwat. I have done full installs. And I have done frugal installs. I find that frugal install has more options when it comes to installing packages in Puppy Linux. You can install pet packages and .sfs packages in frugal and use boot manager to load .sfs during bootup. This is great when you want to install the devx .sfs which is for compiling stuff from source as well as different browsers and other stuff.

My preferredway of installing Puppy Linux anymore is doing a frugal install anymore. You can backup your original MacPup.sfs and if something goes south when tweaking stuff. You can delete your original saved .sfs and use the backup saved .sfs to goe back to original. Just a suggestion.

I know bitjam uploaded his E16 AntiX to Anti. Waiting to see how that turns out so I can promote and maybe run it also.
I have installed E16 before using Cafe Linux install how to for Debian. Like you it didn't take me long to not pay attention to
cafe linux warnings about latest snapshot being unstable and breaking my install also.
impuwat
Thanks for the tips rok. I'm running off the macpup live cd right now. Feels a little different running Opera off a livecd. 162MB and has three browsers....that's a different approach.

I've played with puppy a little in the past but never installed and never stayed too long. I was amazed how fast the livecd booted up today after saving my settings last night. Will probably install later tonight.
rokytnji
Last tip before installing. I anymore just allocate 5 gig of Partition space for any Puppy Install. Also when installing grub. I install grub to Puppys"/" rile. Usually
there will be a newgrub text that you can copy and paste in to AntiX Boot grub menu.lst. I am not on my Puppy Dual boot at the moment to post my /boot/grub/menu.lst