[ok] Unbekanntes kleines Fenster auf Icewem Desktop

spacepenguin
Antix ist bei mir auf einem alten Laptop ohne internes WLAN installiert, stattdessen habe ich eine PCMCIA-Karte. Das funktionierte auch überraschend gut out-of-the box über die EInrichtung mit ceni und Roaming! Leider habe ich nach dem Neustart das Wifi-Symbol nicht mehr im Tray (das WLAN funktioniert aber). Stattdessen habe ich in der linken oberen Ecke des Screens (icewm/rox) ein Mini-Fenster ohne Inhalt, ohne Titel, ohne aussagekräftiges Symbol. Hängt das damit zusammen? Und wie bekomme ich dieses Minifenster wieder weg und dafür das Wifi-Symbol wieder ins Tray? Ich kann das Fenster zwar ins Tray verkleinern per Rechtsklick, aber a) ist das blöde, das jedes Mal zu machen und b) hat es null Informationswert oder sonstigen Wert.
Last edited by spacepenguin on 03 Dec 2012, 04:33, edited 3 times in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
several-little-bugs-t3834.html
spacepenguin
anticapitalista wrote:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://antix.freeforu ms.org/several-little-bugs-t3834.html"
linktext was:"http://antix.freeforu ms.org/several-lit ... t3834.html"
====================================
Danke für den Hinweis. Könnte es das sein?
Little bug #1 : There is a little button on the top left, I
would like to get it not to be started with the session. It's the thingy that is used to see all the windows on the desktops. I'll be back with more little bugs soon... before the forums invalidate my session again, I post !
// SOLVED The solution is to uncomment the line which starts icewmtray in the startup script of the ~/.icewm directory. It fixes it correctly in a sure way.
Ich habe in ~/.icewm im startup-Script die Raute vor"icewmtray &" entfernt und die Oberfläche neu gestartet, aber leider hat das nichts geholfen.

spacepenguin
Wenn ich mich aus- und wieder einlogge, ist dieses kleine Fenster weg. Beim nächsten Start ist es wieder da...
Dave
Seeing how to the problem is due to a cold start, perhaps wicd needs more time for the"background" processes to load (probably the icewm tray). If you add a sleep time to the begining of the wicd line it should help. A line similar to the following perhaps
sleep 3 && wicd-client -n &
spacepenguin
I now took a look into ~/.icewm/startup and saw that the wicd-line is commented out so it shouldn't start at all? Maybe the small window is caused by something else? Or wicd for the tray has to be disabled somewhere else?
The tray also seems to get loaded somewhere else, it seems to start no matter if the appropriate line in startup is commented out or not, because the sound mixer icon is always visible near the clock in the panel.

For a wifi tray-icon I added"/usr/sbin/wpa_gui -t" (that's the app started after configuration with ceni (roaming)) to startup and logged out and back in. Now for the first time I also got the ominous small window without a cold start (the wpa_gui icon is in the tray)...

So wifi icon in tray is solved - but I need to get rid of that blank untitled unclosable small window. I installed antix in a vbox machine on my main system and there everything is fine (but of course no wifi configured).
Dave
The tray does get loaded in icewm-session startup wrapper. Having it start a seccond time (in icewm startup) can cause the window, but this is not the case for you. Could you post your icewm startup file? Then we can adjust it to load the bare minimum and narrow down an application in icewm startup or if it is somewhere other than icewm startup. I have a good feeling that one of the applications in the icewm startup is starting to early, we just need to find which one.

Edit: Looking at your wallpaper , gave me an idea of where the problem may also be. If you could post ~/.xinitrc as well that would be helpfull.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Have a look at this post from SamK

post25928.html?hilit=ghost%20window#p25928
spacepenguin
anticapitalista wrote:Have a look at this post from SamK

post25928.html?hilit=ghost%20window#p25928
Thanks, that solved the issue.
Also thanks to you Dave. I wonder why'd you think my wallpaper could have had somethign to do with it?
Dave
not your wallpaper specifically but how your wallpaper was handled, as it is addressed in the post anti linked to.
Crystal
that picture is good,thank you for share