topic title: Observations
eriefisher
Well I started with the base iso to save on bandwidth. The first thing I noticed was I could not connect to my router no matter what I tried. The card was seen in the network tools but refused to connect to anything. I did not dig any further with this though. Everything else looked great.

I then downloaded the full iso and installed it on my laptop(Compaq Presario V5000). It installed in like 2 seconds(Ok maybe a little longer) and I set grub to root and am using the windows bootloader(I need Xp on this machine at the moment). The first thing I did after the reboot was go to the /menu/net/connection and was connected right away. I then found the settings(Antix CC) and started synaptic then checked for updates(very few). I did notice that there were still some"not installed residual config" stuff still there(not sure how to remove this before making the iso). I looked around the menu and everything seems to be in a logical place. I did not find myself searching for anything. I love the look and layout of the menu.

The"Antix CC" is a work of genius. It has turned a simple window manager into an actual desktop environment. These scripts should be sent to the fluxbox devs for consideration. My appreciation goes out to all who have worked on this.

The one and only issue I have found is the touchpad. It will go from working smoothly to a stall or erratic behavior.

Thank you for everyone who took part in this fine piece of work.

eriefisher
Jerry
Nice!

I agree, this is a terrific release--and it seems to me particularly well suited to a laptop (where I too still need to have XP for some business stuff).
OU812
I'm glad that you enjoy the antix cc - the one included in the iso is the result of a collaboration between anti and myself. And for my part - I got the idea from using tinyme and the implementation (zenity) from the mint fluxbox project. Also, anti has done a terrific job integrating the app into the menu. Thanks.

john
eriefisher
Pure genius!!!

eriefisher
DJiNN
eriefisher wrote:Pure genius!!!

eriefisher
Agreed! +1 on a great release, and kudos to anti and everyone who worked on this. I've installed both the standard release and the base, and both are great. The base i've installed on a seperate partition just to have a play around with Openbox & at the moment, it's so fast it's incredible! __{{emoticon}}__

OU812 - Good job on that script. It makes such a difference to the way i use fluxbox. Great stuff! __{{emoticon}}__
JawsThemeSwimming428
+2!!! I have installed the standard release and am downloading the base right now. Awesome job to all who contributed!!