topic title: nvidia troubles
viking
My computer has integrated video on the motherboard - GeForce 6150LE, and I have AntiX 7.5 installed. Using the Mepis control center to install the nvidia new driver it zapped my install twice. I have installed for the third time now, but am looking for a helping hand before trying again.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
It is best to use the smxi/sgfxi script to install nvidia drivers rather than the Mepis X config.

1. Ctrl Alt F1 to drop you out of X
2. Login as root
3. sgfxi
4. Follow instructions
viking
When I typed in sgfxi as root I got the"command not found" error.
OU812
Does this help

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/trouble-installing-ati-driver-t992.html?hilit=sgfxi#p6067"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/trouble-ins ... gfxi#p6067"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

It mentions installing sgfxi in /usr/local/bin. I checked my 7.5 install and it's not there. There is a script smxi but I don't know if it's the same thing.

john
viking
I have managed to get the nvidia driver installed using sgfxi, I think the first time I tried I used su instead of root. I then installed nvidia settings using synaptic and used it to apply my resolution"1680 x 1050". Now when I maximize the iceweasel browser, I have a one inch band on the right side of my display which isn't covered by the browser. Not sure what to try at this point.
viking
Solved, I don't really know how but nevertheless it's working. Thanks for the helping hands.