Ensifer
Hello there! It's me again)
Got new troubles.
Just installed xfce4 (finally) and rebooted. My Login Manager didn't started, so I logged in via tty. Tryed

Code: Select all

startx
And I got errors that xorg don't know what is"freetype","type1" and"nvidia" modules. I restored xorg.cong from backup that loads"nv" driver and everything started ok.
Tryed to install nvidia driver:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-legacy-96xx

And got error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  nvidia-glx-legacy-96xx: Depends: nvidia-kernel-legacy-96xx-96.43.13 but it is not installable
Video card is

VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400]
Any suggestions?

Yeah, and btw how to config fusesmb? I only installed it and just copy/pasted from the web fusesmb.conf to a .smb folder. But when I try to watch a movie from another PC connection crashes and I have error:

fuse: bad mount point `/mnt/Network': Transport endpoint is not connected
Will wait for any help)
P.S. Sorry for bad English.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hello again ensifer.

At that prompt
apt-get update
apt-get install xserver-org-input-all xserver-xorg-video-all

and startx should work.

Don't know about fusesmb. I think there is a post here somewhere though.
Ensifer
Tryed as you said.

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-all xserver-xorg-video-all
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
xserver-xorg-input-all is already the newest version.
xserver-xorg-video-all is already the newest version.
Any ideas?)
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Ok, the xorg is ok. You need to install the nvidia drivers.
Best way IMO is to use the sgfxi script.

Boot to init 3, login as root, then type sgfxi and it should install the correct driver for you.
secipolla
Ensifer, the best way to deal with the graphics drivers (maybe the only automatic way nowadays) is with the smxi script. EDIT - the best is like anti said, sgfxi (smxi has sgfxi and some other things as well).

I don't know if your problem is this but the 96.43.13 driver doesn't work with the newest xorg. But be happy that smxi already has the 96.43.14 version available.

At boot time enter '3' and then you'll boot to the command line. Log in as root and type 'smxi' edit- for only the graphic card driver, type 'sgfxi' (without the quotes). Then just follow up. I think it will deal with the driver you installed from the MEPIS repos, like removing it and installing the new one.

smxi is also very good to manage the system with updates and such but look out because Debian testing is removing some things from antiX like mplayer, wicd and streamtuner so you may have to reinstall them or hold them before or maybe just do a simple apt-get upgrade (it's apt-get dist-upgrade that removes stuff).
Ensifer
Big thanks. It really works! Great)