Stuart O'mahony
For some reason i'm getting no sound out of my speakers all of a sudden, and I can't figure out why. I checked the ALSA mixer, to see if the vol bar was up, and adjusting either way makes no difference. The ALSA audio output is fine, as is the internal speaker. Like I say, just stopped -- a head scratcher.
Last edited by Stuart O'mahony on 11 Apr 2010, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
Are they working fine with other systems or live-cds?
Some time ago I kept blaming the os about that and in the end it were the speakers that had broken (very cheap ones).
rokytnji
Also in Alsa Mixer the volume may be muted. You can use the m key to mute and unmute cotrols like volume, PCM, etc.

I went through something similiar but with my mic on using skype. I had to bone up on how to use alsmixer before I finally straightend the problem out. You can also use the tab key to scroll through different alsmixer settings like speaker and such also.
Stuart O'mahony
rokytnji wrote:Also in Alsa Mixer the volume may be muted. You can use the m key to mute and unmute cotrols like volume, PCM, etc.
This'll be the one __{{emoticon}}__ I'm glad one of us is reading up on things, rokytnji! I'm sort of on a Linux holiday right now, the endless fiddling around, and distro-hopping was starting to get ridiculous.

Anyway, thank you, both of you.