topic title: No sound anymore
viking
I have lost the sound in antix 7.2, it was working for the last month but has recently quit working. Alsaconfig does not restore it under config-system. When I select a radio station in streamtuner, xmms opens and is playing the stream but no sound.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Check aumix, alsamixer has the sound set and not muted.

You might need to run alsaconf again.
thinkpada21
What did you do just before the sound went away?

For me, about half the time I do"apt-get update; apt-get upgrade", my sound configuration get corrupted. So far, alsoconf has managed to restore it every time.
viking
I ran alsaconf again and still no sound, also checked the sound mixer to make sure it wasn't muted which it wasn't.

Yes, the last thing I did before losing the sound was updating all the upgrades in synaptic.
eriefisher
I had this happen once to me, I ended up removing/reinstalling alsa and alsa-modules and it worked. You may need to enable thee Mepis repos though.
Rebel
Yeah I just installed AntiX it was running great...then I updated the system. That is when the sound went out. I ran alsaconf and that did the trick. Sound is as clear as a bell. Also I downloaded and installed the Kaffeine dvd/cd player and it works great.
OU812
viking - try doing an update using dpkg in the terminal and see if that helps.

john