zarg2
trying to get external display(projector) to work on compaq 2108US. hardware is known good using XP. In Antix 13.2 AR&R is not showing when selected(GUI never apppears) tried reinstall of AR&R- same result.

AR&R used to come up and would"see" the projector but no output no mateer how I configured it.

Tried MX14 and it"sees" the projector but when set to mirror displays -nothing when set to use only projector-more nothing.

tried point linux with same result as MX14.

I really don't want to put XP back on this laptop--help please!
dolphin_oracle
what is the projector and how does it connect (vga, dvi, hdmi, usb?)

Do you have a hotkey that has perhaps turned the external display port on the pc OFF. My netbook does this. On my netbook, I have to plug in the device, and then do a hotkey combo to activate the port.
zarg2
dolphin_oracle wrote:what is the projector and how does it connect (vga, dvi, hdmi, usb?)

Do you have a hotkey that has perhaps turned the external display port on the pc OFF. My netbook does this. On my netbook, I have to plug in the device, and then do a hotkey combo to activate the port.
it's a viewsonic 1500 uses vga. I have fiddled with the f5 which supposedly toggles the display to no avail.

weird that the system shows the display available but won't output to it????
fatmac
Tried MX14 and it"sees" the projector but when set to mirror displays -nothing when set to use only projector-more nothing.
Did you log out & back in for the settings to be picked up?
zarg2
fatmac wrote:
Did you log out & back in for the settings to be picked up?
nope, duh....I will try that
zarg2
tried log out then back in -nope.

in any distro I get projector display during boot sequence then nothing in desktop. i think it's adriver issue. works in xp -ugh
zarg2
ok. I can get S video out of the laptop in Antix 13.2 but it' 800x600 ugly output. Still trying to get regular vga out.
dolphin_oracle
with the device plugged in, what does the output of

Code: Select all

$ xrandr

give?
zarg2
xrandr shows vga-0 as active and list a bunch of available resolutions. i tried commanding output from vga-0 via xrandr from terminal and the command executed but no output. The laptop uses the I320M chipset which seems to have always had this problem with linux. I tried the terminal commands as one user stated he got this to work in ubuntu. So far a searches reveal a bunch of frutrated folks that have had the same issue without resolution. maybe if I give the command in terminal then log out/login? I'm at a loss at this point.