stoneheart
Hello. I recently installed Antix 11 on an old IBM Thinkpad 600X. I used a Netgear FA511 pcmcia card for an ethernet connection. It works great.

However, I've noticed a peculiarity with trying to use any other FA511 card with this computer. I own several and the others simply won't work, even though they light up and show activity from my router.

Is this normal? Is the installation of the OS bound with a specific card ID, so I can't use the others interchangeably even though they are the same model?
plvera
Stoneheart,

when you say the other cards do not work, did you try to re-establish the connection (after you switched cards) using ceni? To test this, open a terminal, type root then your password, and then type ceni and follow the instructions. Your card should show up and you can reconfigure it.

I hope this help.
stoneheart
No, I didn't. I just inserted the different card into the cold computer and then booted up. I've give this a try tonight. Thanks for the help.
plvera
Stoneheart,

I made a mistake in my instructions. It's oipen terminal, type su, enter password to get you root acesss.

Sorry about the confusion.
rokytnji
What could be happening is when a different card is inserted. A different wireless interface number is assigned that new card.

I run into this with my AntiX persistent USB when I change computers. My wireless can go from wlan0 to eth1 to eth2 etc.....;

Ifconfig -a command as root in terminal will show the different wireless interface everytime you switch out cards I should think.