Tanga
EDIT: Oh dear, my first post to the forums, and I have to go and prove what an idiot I am. There was a tiny little cable hiding under the keyboard cable. When I tried unplugging and replugging in the keyboard (again) I found it. Plug and play light weight, noob friendly Antix is working. =/ Sorry guys.

Hi,

I am new to antiX and would first like to say what an awesome OS - lightweight, but flexible... and beautiful (what can I say, I'm shallow). I have installed it on my old Toshiba Portege 3490CT and it is super fast, even on this old wreck.

But, it doesn't work properly. __{{emoticon}}__ I need help getting my accupoint mouse working. I installed the OS on another system (the Portege can't boot from USB and doesn't have a CD/DVD drive). Using my friend's HDD (installed on an EEEPC) the accupoint worked (but the sound didn't). In my install (on a Toshiba Satellite) the sound works great, but there is no mouse control. __{{emoticon}}__

I'm pretty sure it's not physical damage, as the keyboard still works (and AFAIK the mouse and keyboard use the same ribbon). I really don't want to carry around a usb mouse (thus using my only usb port) to use this lovely beast. Any help much appreciated.
rokytnji
Hey, We all do simple mistakes ourselves from time to time. Even us seasoned users. Glad to see ya in the group, and that things are working for you.
Using my friend's HDD (installed on an EEEPC) the accupoint worked (but the sound didn't).
Search on google for AntiX EEEPC rokytnji. I have the web chock full of posts for AntiX and EEEPCs. Even some sound fixes are in the how to here also for EEEPCs from me also.

Howdy and welcome from TX, __{{emoticon}}__
Tanga
Thanks Roky. I'll get there in the end. __{{emoticon}}__