topic title: Nasty version name
pjotr123
I thoroughly dislike the version name of Antix 8 Intifada! It sends a political message with which I disagree completely. Why don't you name the next version"Taleban","Hamas","Al Qaida" or"9-11"?

Therefore I have removed Antix from my machines and from my Dutch documentation website. Bye, bye Antix. Thank God there are enough good alternatives without obnoxious and hideous political messages.
rokytnji
Being a Redneck Tattoed Texas Biker. I have usually tried to live life to the saying"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" Anticapalista from what I have read and gathered is a stand up kind of guy. Articulate and Opinionated in his beliefs. He built the damn distro. He can call it what he damn well pleases. No body broke your arm downloading and installing said distro. Sorry you disagree with his beliefs. I don't agree with most folks either. But I'm a whatever floats your boat, live and let live, kind of guy. As long as I am given a choice and nobody tries to force me to join their group/dogma. I will be happy. You are entitled to voice your opinions. I find it just funny that the name was there to read before it was downloaded and installed. Me being a infidel is no big deal to me. I kinda like the moniker any hows. Following is not my style.

Any hows enough with the hate and discontent. Enjoy your travels through life. I know a good tool when I use it.Happy Trails.

anticapitalista
Site Admin
If you look up the word 'Intifada' on wikipedia (included in the Documents folder) you will see that it has nothing to do with"Taleban","Hamas","Al Qaida" or"9-11".

Intifada is Arabic for Rebellion/Uprising.
dark-D
it isn't nasty in my opinion is just in arabic. so there are no terrorists here and not all arabs are terrorists. not to offend any us citizen but a war has 2 sides. not only the 9/11 and terrorists. i'm from europe and we don't go 10.000 miles across the earth to vietman, irak, kuveit,japan(atomic bomb?!?), cuba etc. to"free" the people from their dictator or communism. it's not about freeing something it's all about money, guns or petrol. i'm sorry for the men that died for their country and i respect most of them. why america dosen't go to africa and help them? there is allways a war, i heard of one that is going on for 30 years. i'll like to see a war that america fights in her backyard not in ours. i'm sorry for the people killed in 9/11 but you should be sorry about all the people killed in the above mentioned countries. i'll be glad if you don't use antiX.

"Meen Erhabe"
masinick
I find nothing nasty about naming a distribution with various names, even if they have political tone to them. I live in a land where free speech has long been a right, and having a differing opinion, even from the ruling political party, is both accepted and tolerated.

As far as antiX and anticapitalista go, I believe that anti has some strong political views, but he rarely even brings them up except in political forums or if someone else brings them up first. I've never felt like anti has taken me on any kind of political lecture or anything resembling it. From my perspective, he can name his distributions anything that he can get away with. I respect what he has done with this distribution and I sincerely doubt that he would ever choose a name that I would be ashamed to have seen on my personal system. Even if that ever were to happen, I'd just change or mask the name and be done with it. Moot point, I don't see that happening.

Anti, I am behind you; keep producing fine software and feel free to hold strong views on any topics that are near and dear to your heart. You'd never tell me what to do or what to believe; I have my beliefs, but I won't hoist them on anyone here either, unless they ask for them, in which case I'd rather have a private conversation anyway. Keep up the great work! Plenty of people have heard positive things about antiX from me!
tim.strup
Congratulation!

"Intifada is an Arabic word which literally means"shaking off", though it is usually translated into English as"rebellion" or"uprising"." (Wikipedia)

Intifada was a good thing for the Palestinians (oppressed Arab people, men, women, childs, in Palestine/Israel) and it is a good name. (me)

I read before in a german forum an no good discuss about the name of your antix.

[Sorry, I donĀ“t speak english]
coyotito
Al-quaeda does not exist, even high level British officials have stated this openly. 9/11 was a hoax, inside job, see
f.ex the Aaron Russo interviews where he quotes Nick Rockefeller on this (R told him a year before about this 'event').
Objective: make it possible to start certain wars and go ahead with hitherto politically impossible measures.. (in accordance
with the so-called shock doctrine).
Taleban and Hamas are actual entities but everyone here except you understand that anti would not name distros after them.
mariel77
coyotito wrote:9/11 was a hoax, inside job, see
f.ex the Aaron Russo interviews where he quotes Nick Rockefeller on this (R told him a year before about this 'event').
Objective: make it possible to start certain wars and go ahead with hitherto politically impossible measures.. (in accordance
This is so totally NOT true that I had to say something.
masinick
mariel77 wrote:
coyotito wrote:9/11 was a hoax, inside job, see
This is so totally NOT true that I had to say something.
Just goes to show what the printed word can do. Words can (and are) twisted at times. Just because something is in the media or just because it is on the Internet does not necessarily mean it is accurate and true. We have seen a number of formerly respected media people caught fabricating or sensationalizing stories. This one is flat out untrue. We can argue who flew planes into the World Trade Center, but millions of us saw it, either in person, or on national live television, and that cannot be denied as fact. I even know what I was doing at that time!

Anti, it may be appropriate at this point to lock this topic. I do not think it accurately reflects the kind of messages you want to have in this forum, but that is ultimately up to you. I'm behind you with antiX; it's running great as always! (I have a M8.0 instance running from Testing and another M7.5 instance running from Sid; both work GREAT!)
coyotito
Sure :))
This one belongs in the kafeneio section.

Of course planes flew into the towers, who disputes that?
'totally untrue', that evidently applies to the official version.
because something has been repeated thousands of times does not make it true (that was Goebbels' way of creating truth,
and the corporate media are using the same methods).