topic title: My ThinBlack Mod
OU812
Hello. I've always liked the"ThinBlack" theme available at freshmeat, but I didn't like the ubuntu menu icon. After replacing it with the one from the icegil grey theme, I started replacing other components as well: menu, menu select, and taskbar icons. Here is a screenshot of my results.

Enjoy.

john
Last edited by OU812 on 02 Feb 2009, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
lagopus
Very clean
I like it
I'll ask you soon how to install it (I'm not an expert in icewm tweaking!)

Where is the link 'icewm theming for dummies' ?

Yves
plvera
Lagopus:

When you find that link, please let me know. I badly need it too __{{emoticon}}__

Maybe even"icewm theming for REAL dummies"

Pedro
OU812
Here is a variation on the"theme": I've changed the gtk2 and icon theme. I think it looks better.

john
OU812
Pablo and Yves.

You can get the original theme from here

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/thinblack/"
linktext was:"http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/thinblack/"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
I like to save the tarballs and extract them in ~/.icewm/themes. This way all of my themes are in one directory.

For creating your own icewm themes, here is something of a guide that I wrote.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/icewm-t696-45.html#p6928"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/icewm-t696-45.html#p6928"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Note that I only show you how to blend themes together.

If you want to create a complete desktop theme, then I would look at the screenshots from sites such as box-look, customize.org, and freshmeat. It doesn't really matter which wm or de you choose (fluxbox, icewm, windows, etc.) - just study how the author put together the wall, gtk2 theme, icon theme, and window theme (and sometimes conky). This will help you get some ideas of your own.

john
OU812
If anyone is interested in my customized theme, then give me a few days to post it here. There's a couple of places where I'm not happy about the current colorizations: cpu graph, net graph, and some other stuff. When I sort that out, I'll let you know.

john
impuwat
Very nice John. It's hard to beat basic black.

One of my personal favorite xmms skins looks nice there as well.

OU812
Yes, it does.

I archived the theme, but I can't upload .bz extensions. I'll have to try xarchive tonight.

john
masinick
masinick
This is real nice stuff John. Are we intending to incorporate this into AntiX or are these limited to our own"playgrounds"? I'd certainly like to give it a try and see how it compares to my other favorites with IceWM - which you were probably also involved with!
OU812
I'm having trouble finding an extension that I can upload. I'll just send it to anti for now. It could end up on the next release, depending on space. In the meantime, if you want the theme a bit sooner, just pm me your email.

john
impuwat
Just testing this out. Trying to upload a zipped file to help John work out this problem.

impuwat
John: I think I just uploaded ok. I tarred the file (tar.gz) and then I zipped that file. I didn't use xarchive, etc. just tarred and zipped from terminal.