chengaver
Hi yesterday i installed Antix m-8.5. Its quite good. But I have some problems. First, I have to change screen resolution every login! I can not create short cuts on desktop, and even i answer `save in the key ring` it still ask me for the password! One more think; I can not change the keyboard layout to `turkish q`. Help please!!!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hello.

1. What resolution do you want?
Temporary solution is to add xres=your res at boot/grub/menu and see if it works ok.
Permanent fix:
Edit as root, /etc/X11/xorg.conf , scroll down to Section"Screen" then add the desired resolution to the"Modes". You should have something like this:

Code: Select all

Modes"1280x800""1024x768""800x600"
2. Fluxbox and icewm do not have a desktop as such so you have to use one with Rox. At login screen, toggle F1 to your desired window manager and rox.

3. Keyring bug unsolved.

4. Try in a terminal as user: setxkbmap -layout tr for temp solution.
Permanent edit as root /etc/default/keyboard to:

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us,tr"
XKBVARIANT=","
XKBOPTIONS="grp:alt_shift_toggle,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,grp_led:scroll"
chengaver
Thnx.. Can u inform me when the pass problem is solved.. And I have another quest. When i listen to the music (with xmms), and doing sth. else - for example surf the internet - music stops. May be my ram is insufficient, i don`t know (756 MB). Any suggestions?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I don't know what is causing the password problem. Purging the files and re-installing alter anything.

RAM is plenty for surfing and listening to music. No idea why music in xmms stops. Strange.