masinick
I have written an informal review of antiX M8.2 at Desktop Linux Reviews:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/forum/index.php?webtag=DLRFORUM&msg=13.8"
linktext was:"here"
====================================
masinick
I talked Jim Lynch into writing a review of antiX, and his review can be found
url was:"http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/07/29/antix-m8-2/5/"
linktext was:"here at DLR"
masinick
That Jim Lynch review got some air time
url was:"http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-08-01-001-35-RV-DT"
linktext was:"at Linux Today"
. I did not stop mentioning both SimplyMEPIS and antiX to Jim until he reviewed antiX - and I am still extolling antiX to him.

So far, the reviews that have gotten his highest marks have been ones that I've suggested - not that I can take any credit for the excellence of the distributions - but I CAN work hard to test them and to promote them when we get them out there!

Great job team! I'm still trying to get the word out there!
Hannes Worst
And a great job done by you, Brian. These reviews really cought the eye, so Antix gets a lot of attention right now. Reading the reviews I notice that Antix has found a great balance between the the possibility of tweaking on one hand for advanced users and working right out of the box for beginners on the other hand. Most other distro's have only one or the other. Well done!
julian516
masinick got me over to antiX and I must say I am impressed with it. (If I ever have to sell something I think I will hire mas!) I have it running on a USB at the moment and I may move it over to my main drive. My thanks to anticapitalista and the other folks who produce it. Really a first-rate product.

Is there a user manual specifically for antiX?

Doing a good one is a lot of work, but would that be a good idea if antiX does not have one?
masinick
julian516 wrote:masinick got me over to antiX and I must say I am impressed with it. (If I ever have to sell something I think I will hire mas!) I have it running on a USB at the moment and I may move it over to my main drive. My thanks to anticapitalista and the other folks who produce it. Really a first-rate product.

Is there a user manual specifically for antiX?

Doing a good one is a lot of work, but would that be a good idea if antiX does not have one?
Thanks, Bill. My dad worked in the insurance industry and was an executive Vice President of the Special Risk department. He was never in commission sales, but he sold insurance all the time. In the community, he was the Band Counsel President and he helped initiate a"Tag Day" to help promote the band in the community so the kids could make one trip a year and meet bands in other cities. He was the President of the Lion's Club and a leader wherever he went.

I do not have every attribute my dad had, but some of the finest attributes that have worked their way into my life are a credit to both of my parents, but especially my father (God rest His soul).

As far as antiX, SimplyMEPIS, and sidux, the three distributions you hear me trumpeting about, every one of them deserves the accolades that I have given to them. Anticapitalista has been very kind and mentions my name as one who tests and promotes this software, and I am very grateful for that. Bill, hang around in this forum and just look at the great cast we have here.

Anticapitalista was able to get this distribution off to a great start because he had such outstanding foundations to work with, first with Debian packages, then with the MEPIS tools. He has taken that, however, and blended it with the best technologies in the mini distro space. There are a number of people who have helped him with that, and you can find the participants and contributors here. Perhaps when the next release comes out, you can add your name to the list of helpers - bang on some test code and help us make sure it's great.
julian516
I like what I am seeing here very much. As I read through it this forum has a good feel to it and I am enjoying my antiX installation. I am roughly two years into my Linux experiment so my technical skills are not deep, but I think I am on a pretty good learning curve, at least with regard to Debian-based distributions. The idea of doing something that returns some value to an effort such as this is appealing. I can write a bit so maybe I can do something.

If anti needs a Turkey Tester (as in,"How the heck did that turkey break that?") maybe I can be useful at some point. __{{emoticon}}__