topic title: My current.
secipolla
Had to reinstall antiX. I had all my data in a separate partition, when I saw that I had to reinstall I backed up my /home too (a good tip to save space is to clear the browser cache - since I couldn`t boot the partition, I booted the live cd toram, changed the .mozilla folder for the one in the hd and then cleared it). Unfortunately while trying to make the live-cd mount a ntfs partition I deleted all the data in my /data partition (I don`t know what happened but I`m sure I didn`t authorize THAT) __{{emoticon}}__
Anyway, here`s my little customization of IceWM`s antiX Blue theming (not the theme itself but the desktop look):
plvera
Secipolla:
Very nice! And thanks for the information, in case I need to reinstall. You set up the separate data partition while installing?
Pedro
secipolla
I think the MEPIS installer doesn't support more than a separate /home. In antiX a separate /data partition should be auto-mounted by tweaking the fstab (I don't know if this changed now, it seems to be being deprecated). But I could, of course, set it to auto-mount while installing most other distros.
But now I don't even have any data anymore __{{emoticon}}__ (no problem, was just personal stuff and some things are in a dvd).
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Very cool and clean.
What icon theme and gtk2 theme are you using?
secipolla
Icon theme is
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://jameshardy88.deviantart.com/art/Polar-Icons-2-115163769"
linktext was:"Polar Icons 2"
====================================
and GTK theme is MurrinaNeoGraphite (comes with antiX-M8.2). This combination works very well with all apps, Iceweasel, PcmanFM, Rox etc., only PcmanFM isn't displaying all of them anymore in my system because it's on hold and with the upgrade to sid it got quite mauled (it's a problem with the MIME files). But it was working fine with testing.

The upper part of the menu is using icons from Black-White 2 Style (I think it came in antiX-M8), the main part from Polar Icons with some custom and the toolbar from Black-White 2 Style and Magog White (this last had to have a few symlinks repaired but maybe the author has already updated it), all from Gnome-look.

Also I'm using a combination of the
url was:"http://scnd101.deviantart.com/art/SimplyGrey-0-51-116959718"
linktext was:"SimplyGrey"
icons (very nice) with MurrinaCandy GTK theme for the root environment.
secipolla
Now PcmanFM is working again properly with MIME types.
I've upgraded IceWM to the testing/unstable repo and so had to tweak AntiX-Blue theme to work (remove gradients).
By
url was:"http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ikimg"
linktext was:"ikimg"
at 2009-11-24
eriefisher
I always set up a separate data partition when I install. I find it best to keep my data away from the OS. You can set this up with gparted before you install while on the live CD. I normally leave /home in root and the mount the data partition in /home/data. This way if the OS craps out My data is safe. I can also sync this partition to a folder on my server for backup.

Nice desktop by the way.
macondo
secipolla:
what's the procedure to post an image like you do?
I get as far as taking a snapshot and then on flickr.com i get the url and post it. What are the steps?
thanks,
eriefisher
When you create or reply to a post at the bottom there is"Add image to post".
secipolla
macondo, in this case it's a feature of imageshack.us which resizes the image you upload (if you wish) and have this option to embed it in the thread (the image in the post is hosted at imageshack, not freeforums).
You can upload an image directly to the forum like eriefisher said but then you must have it already the size you want (OU812's screenshot app can create thumbnails and also if you call scrot from the command line which can be useful if you want better quality, -q NUMBER from 0 to 100, the default is 75).

eriefisher, I learned the hard way that ROX filer can be risky to manipulate important files without a concentrated mind. I'm quite sure I deleted all files in my data partition (which I used to set like you said) while trying to delete some files using a live-cd (I right-clicked the background instead of the files, chose 'Delete' and 'Quiet' and there went the data to the realm of memories).
macondo
Ahh, no wonder, I didn't see that eriefisher because i use a dark background, when i use the default one, i see the option you mentioned.
secipolla: thanks for the explanation, i learn something new every day.
Obrigado, bicho!