topic title: MX-15 in the mix?
julian516
I realize a small team can only do so much, but I must say that MX-14 has run terrifically well for me. MX-14 not only has the usual set of good management tools that anti seems to insist upon, but it has perhaps the best implementation of Xfce I have used. My setup is more conventional than anti's in terms of layout but it works very well indeed for me.

At one point I might have been concerned about the fact that MX-14 is only a 32-bit system, but really that makes no difference I can see. MX-14 has performed very well (I put it on not too long after it came out) and I have done a good bit of writing and spreadsheet work with it. Really, no complaints at all.

MX-14 brings its own identity to the antiX mix; I do hope it will stay with us.

As always my thanks to anti and all the good people who make this possible.
Jerry
Glad to hear it has worked for you! MX-15 is now in early development, and a 64 bit version is likely to be included.
julian516
Thank you Jerry. A 64-bit MX-15 might well extend the reach of that system among people who simply will not consider a 32-bit system. OTH a simple look at RAM utilized and size of /partition says that there is a strong case to be made for continuing the 32-bit edition as well. If I had the requisite technical skills I would help, but I do not. So I'll continue as an antiX/MX cheerleader.
Jerry
Well you can help with beta testing when we get there, if you like.
masinick
Jerry wrote:Well you can help with beta testing when we get there, if you like.
Bill (Julian516) would be a very good candidate for testing and reviewing any time. He and I have collaborated for many years now and we have similar opinions about a lot of things. It was after reading his viewpoints and short distro opinion reviews that I suggested that he give the MEPIS family a look. More recently, of course, that has been mostly the antiX variations; Bill likes the live, remastered, and installed versions, and usually keeps a jump drive and an installed copy of at least one, but often two or three variations of software in the antiX product family. He's worked with MEPIS, antiX, MX-14 - and this puts him into a smaller group - antiX Core.

I would recommend and endorse Bill to help out at any time, given his availability, which, like me, may be the only thing in question. I've not been nearly as available over the past couple of years as I've been in the past, but I still try to test and evaluate as much as I can. I know that Bill can do the same when he is available. __{{emoticon}}__