fladd
dolphin_oracle wrote:
fladd wrote:There is also a visual bug in the panel: When a programme is opened, the whole content of the panel shifts one or two pixels up.
panel or whisker menu? is a known issue on the whisker menu. I haven't seen the panel shift.
The contents of the panel. That includes the menu icon, the workspace switcher, the volume icon, etc.

And another bug: When switching the panel from vertical to horizontal position (via the mxtools), the two horizontally aligned default workspaces, become vertical, meaning I can no longer use Ctrl+Alt+left/right to switch them.
dolphin_oracle
fladd wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:
fladd wrote:There is also a visual bug in the panel: When a programme is opened, the whole content of the panel shifts one or two pixels up.
panel or whisker menu? is a known issue on the whisker menu. I haven't seen the panel shift.
The contents of the panel. That includes the menu icon, the workspace switcher, the volume icon, etc.

And another bug: When switching the panel from vertical to horizontal position (via the mxtools), the two horizontally aligned default workspaces, become vertical, meaning I can no longer use Ctrl+Alt+left/right to switch them.
ok cool. could you give me the inxi -F report for your hardware and we'll get it to the panel theme guy.
fladd
dolphin_oracle wrote:
fladd wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:There is also a visual bug in the panel: When a programme is opened, the whole content of the panel shifts one or two pixels up.

ok cool. could you give me the inxi -F report for your hardware and we'll get it to the panel theme guy.
Don't think this bug is system-specific, but here it goes:

Code: Select all

System:    Host: mx1 Kernel: 3.16.0-4-686-pae i686 (32 bit)
           Desktop: Xfce 4.12.2 Distro: MX-15-b2_386 Fusion 24 November 2015
Machine:   System: innotek product: VirtualBox v: 1.2
           Mobo: N/A model: N/A Bios: innotek v: VirtualBox date: 12/01/2006
CPU:       Single core Intel Core i7-2670QM (-UP-) cache: 6144 KB
           speed: 2186 MHz (max)
Graphics:  Card: InnoTek Systemberatung VirtualBox Graphics Adapter
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: ati,vboxvideo (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1280x960@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2
Audio:     Card Intel 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller driver: snd_intel8x0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.16.0-4-686-pae
Network:   Card: Intel 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: e1000
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
           mac: 08:00:27:38:c7:a8
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 3.2GB (4.0% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: VBOX_HARDDISK size: 3.2GB
Partition: ID-1: swap-1 size: 0.13GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda1
Sensors:   None detected - is lm-sensors installed and configured?
Info:      Processes: 134 Uptime: 0 min Memory: 161.8/1007.7MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.25 
dolphin_oracle
yeah, probably not since you are running in Virtualbox. Still, no one else has reported a panel shift like you have.

do you have any particular app that this happens with, or any app?
fladd
Boot into the live disk. Then click on the clock. This will open the calendar and put it into the panel of the open windows. And your whole panel just shifted a bit upwards.

Happens eveytimr the panel changes from no window open to a window open. Any window that goes into the open window list seems to trigger this.

Not sure how others have not seen this yet, it was literally the first thing I noticed!
Jerry
Jerry
Thanks for these reports. We will be changing the workspace, though clearly there remain a number of ways to change them that work. Will try to verify the panel shift as well, checking especially to see if this is just a quirk of a virtual environment.