TonyVanDam
First of all, MX is better off on my laptop. The regular antiX can stay on my much older desktop.

Second of all (and staying on-topic), I think MX-15 is almost perfect in a sense that it is what Debian Stable should've been all along; It's beginner friendly AND desktop/laptop bound right from the start. And so far, I have yet to give into the temptation of updating to Debian Testing repos. The MX repo is aging MX-15 nicely.
eugen-b
You won't get much by switching to Testing, because the guys are backporting a lot o apps to Stable and even Oldstable.
If you wand a bit of antiX feeling on MX you can install a Fluxbox or JWM with metapackage-installer. I did it myself with Openbox, works fine. Simply choosing the session with LightDM.
skidoo
I don't understand"The MX repo is aging MX-15 nicely."
Which among the preinstalled, or available via MX repo, applications are ancient(?), compared to versions available from debian testing repo?
TonyVanDam
eugen-b wrote:You won't get much by switching to Testing, because the guys are backporting a lot o apps to Stable and even Oldstable.
If you wand a bit of antiX feeling on MX you can install a Fluxbox or JWM with metapackage-installer. I did it myself with Openbox, works fine. Simply choosing the session with LightDM.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
TonyVanDam
skidoo wrote:I don't understand"The MX repo is aging MX-15 nicely."
Which among the preinstalled, or available via MX repo, applications are ancient(?), compared to versions available from debian testing repo?
I meant that MX is aging slowly. Nothing feels too dated.
LinixLighter
It's a good thing you jokers aren't talking to an American woman like that ! __{{emoticon}}__

Here is the correct wording :" _________ is maturing wonderfully" __{{emoticon}}__
Jerry
Word! As the saying goes:"a woman with some extra weight during childbirth will live longer than any man who mentions it."