topic title: Murrina IceWM
OU812
Hello. I found a murrine theme pack at gnome-look. It has gtk2 themes for the murrine engine. The pack contains candy (blue), cappuccino, ealm (green), and graphite. I also found a murrina window style for icewm at freshmeat. I'm working on the murrina gilouche window style. I've changed some taskbar icons and added a program icon in the top left of the window frame. I need to clean it up as you can see from the screenshot. I'm also working on the cappuccino theme (I'm just starting to understand how to do simple things in gimp and mtpaint). Hopefully, in a few days I'll have a murrine theme pack put together for icewm. We'll see.

The screenshot doesn't work well with the lighter colors, but it is pretty.

john
Last edited by OU812 on 05 Dec 2008, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
OU812
Hello. I just fixed the problem with the program icon.

I saved the screenshot of the murrine theme pack and figured out how to use gimp to find the colors of the window frames.

To do list:
1. Recolor the murrina gilouche theme (blue theme) to create the remaining color themes for icewm.
2. Recolor bits of the taskbar and menu to use coordinating theme colors.
3. Use appropriate taskbar icons for each theme.

Now that the blue is fixed, and the icons are mostly in place, I will finish up the cappuccino theme. We'll see what happens.

john
OU812
Cappuccino is finished. So 2 down (blue and cappuccino) and 2 to go (green and graphite).

john
OU812
Here is my interpretation of the murrina ealm theme.

john
OU812
And finally, the graphite theme.

BTW Here is the link the gtk2 themes

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Murrine+Theme+Pack?content=43073"
linktext was:"http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=43073"
====================================

I should be able to compress the 4 themes and post them at box-look.org in a day or two.

Hopefully, you have enjoyed the new themes.

john

BTW Any ideas for improvements before I upload? Thanks!
Last edited by OU812 on 27 Nov 2008, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
OU812
I've just recolored the active workspace buttons to match the window borders (the active button was a drab brown). So now the candied theme is blue, cappuccino is brown, graphite is gray, and ealm is green.

john
OU812
Replaced the taskbar icons (show desktop, terminal, home folder) with neutral-colored icons. Still experimenting with walls.

john
OU812
Oops! The graphite theme's window frame was too light. Used the gimp once again to find the window frame's colors and got it right this time. It looks much better with the darker frame. New wall helps, too.

Enjoy. (Or not.)

john
JawsThemeSwimming428
I think the original one posted here is the best light IceWM theme I have ever seen! Great job.
OU812
Thanks, Jaws! I really appreciate it. (Do you mean the candied blue theme at the top?)

I'm still trying to tweak the themes. My latest attempt is to customize the taskbars and menus a bit more. So far I have only recolored the menu outlines from brownish to a color that matches each of themes. I think next I'll experiment with the taskbar icons and network and cpu monitors colors.

Thanks again.

john
OU812
Decided to keep the original start menu and show desktop icons. Also decided to keep original color schemes for the cpu and network monitors.

Found a colorization problem with the menu .xpm for inactive windows. Fixed.

New screenshots? Maybe. Why not just take a look at the new iso? They are featured there along with matching gtk2 themes. Some of the walls you see here are on the iso as well. Due to space, my icon set wasn't included. But you can get it here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ALLGREY?content=76814"
linktext was:"http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=76814"
====================================

To unpack, open a terminal and do

Code: Select all

tar xvf ALLGREY*
john
sak
Another improvement like always unstopable energy.

Best Regards,