rmcellig
I have seen this problem before but can't remember how to solve it. I downloaded the latest Antix linux. When I went to do a test record, thousands of 44k .wav files were created. What should I do? I also tried without the XDG line. If I remember it has something to do with the version of alsa-utils that Antix is using.

alsa-utils version is 1.0.28-1. It looks like I would have to downgrade to 1.0.25. Not sure how to do this.

Code: Select all

50 15 * * 3     XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000   /usr/bin/arecord -t wav -f cd -d 86 $HOME/testwed1.wav

skidoo
Really"44k" ?
Did you really mean"myriad files, each 44 bytes filesize" ?

To jog your memory, here's where we danced that dance:
select-default-sound-card-t6470.html

Pssst... this time 'round, howabout followup to report what solution you found & mark the thread [SOLVED].
rmcellig
It had something to do with the alsa-utils version mentioned above. I deleted my entire antix installation and reinstalled, this time choosing testing instead of stable, because testing has a newer version of alsa-utils. I know I could have selected the testing repos when I had stable installed but I'm still not clear on how to use other repos like testing and sid.

I thought it wasn't good practice to mix repos. I will test the new testing install today and post back.