topic title: Mouse Settings
ramblinreub
Quick question: In Fluxbox, IceWM, and LXDE I set my mouse speed by typing in a terminal 'xset m 2/3 5' This works for me. How do I make that permanent? Can I add that to a boot or grub line? Is there someway to do it in xorg.conf? Is there a mouse settings option where I can set acceleration and threshold in each/any of the WMs/DEs? I have tried adding the above command to the startup file (~/.fluxbox/startup), but that didn't do anything. Even if it did, I'd like it to be permanent for all xsessions, not just fluxbox.
Thanks for listening.
secipolla
secipolla
Maybe to make settings permanent (and for all WM's) you should edit somehow the ~/.xinitrc .
I'm basing this upon this thread
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/mouse-config-t1793.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/mouse-config-t1793.html"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

The new 8.2-prefinal already has this mouse config app but you could ask OU812 to send it to you (in the thread above there's how to install it).
eriefisher
Open, as user, .xinitrc in leafpad and add this to the top.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

xset m 2/3 5 &

case $1 in
icewm)
    exec icewm-session
    ;;.....................................
This will set you mouse every time x starts regardless of the type of session. You can also add any other setting or apps you want started there as well, just make sure you place a"&" at the end or it will not work properly. Some applications need to wait until the Session has started before they will work, in this case delay it's start by:

Code: Select all

(sleep 10 && someapp) &
10 being the number of seconds to wait until it starts.

Enjoy
ramblinreub
Eire, the script seems to be working perfectly! Thank you very much.

I'm sure to be back with more questions, though...
eriefisher
Come back any time.