Ninho
Hi ! Still trying to adopt - or adapt to - the new environment. Using standard antiX-icewm, I find it a bit difficult sometimes to mouse-grab window edges or (especially) corners for window resizing. Can adjustments be made to allow some more"fuzz" in terms of mouse position and displacement while a user is potentially trying to point and select a window edge or corner ? I have yet to find such settings in control panel or conf files.
skidoo
skidoo
Resizing via window corner mousegrab-n-drag is difficult for me too.
After choosing a theme which displays thicker window borders, drag resize seems much easier .

launch"antiX ControlCentre" from the desktop menu, and
--} Hardware --} Configure Mouse
--} Desktop --} change GTK2 and Icon Themes

For future reference, the"theme chooser" is a utility called lxappearance.
It can be quickly launched by typing lxappearance into the Alt+F2 runbox.

reverseDog
IceWM, by the way, lets you resize a window without your having to grab its edges or corners. Just keep the Alt key pressed, place the mouse cursor anywhere within the window and start dragging with the right mouse button pressed. If you prefer a different key mouse combi you can set this in the file ~/.icewm/preferences. I have enabled super+left for resizing windows.

Still it might be a good idea to choose a theme with a thicker border. Border width is defined by the IceWM theme though, and not by the GTK theme.
Ninho
Alt + right Mouse bttn ! Very neat, thank you ! I'll try to memorize it (building gesture memory).
skidoo
Thanks reverseDog, that's a really welcome tip!

Wonder if it's mentioned in the user manual somewhere or is just a"globally-available xwindows thing" (X11?) we're just expected to know?
I just checked and found that Alt+rightClickDrag also works to resize application windows under fluxbox and JWM sessions.

Y'know what? My ignorance of this resizing keybind is probably what led to me disabling the"wingrid" keybinds
(because the bottom-right corner of wingrid-autoresized windows often winds up being hidden by the taskbar/panel)
SamK
Off Topic
skidoo wrote:...led to me disabling the"wingrid" keybinds
(because the bottom-right corner of wingrid-autoresized windows often winds up being hidden by the taskbar/panel)
Have a look at the Fine Tuning Section of the Wingrid Guide in the antiX-FAQ. It shows how to handle overlaps.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-16/FAQ/wingrid.html#_fine_tuning"
linktext was:"http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/doc ... ine_tuning"
====================================
skidoo
adjustment via WINHEIGHT_LESS in the wingrid.conf was exactly what I needed. Thanks, SamK.

I'll still leave the Ctrl+0"wingrid closes a window gracefully" line outcommented.
Partially because I don't trust my fat-fingered typing, but also because whatever signal wingrid sends... the result isn't always"graceful"
to wit:
controlCentre --} Disks --} Image a Partition
If you Ctrl+0 close the terminal window, result is a sustained 100% CPU usage partimage thread
necessitating a followup"sudo killall partimage" command.
SamK
Off Topic
skidoo wrote:...whatever signal wingrid sends... the result isn't always"graceful"
to wit:
controlCentre --} Disks --} Image a Partition
If you Ctrl+0 close the terminal window, result is a sustained 100% CPU usage partimage thread
necessitating a followup"sudo killall partimage" command.
Your assertion that Wingrid Ctrl+0 is culpable is ill-founded.

That behaviour with Partimage has been the case for quite some time. Open Image a Partition as you describe above, then immediately close the window by clicking on the close symbol (X in IceWM) at the top right-hand corner of the terminal window. The demand for CPU rises precisely as mentioned.
skidoo
right. I understand it's not specific to wingrid.