Monitor Displays blank

topriyeshpp
I have installed antix 14 from cd iso. As my desktop is a old one while booting from CD, i have changed video to safe by pressing F5 and installed it to my PC successfully. After rebooting it goes through text boot screen and shows blank screen. What should i do to get my desktop? I could not do any thing in this stage. It boots and goes blank.....How could I get that video change option or screen resolution something?
dolphin_oracle
You are working with antiX-14 or mx-14? antix-14 is in alpha and is full of issues (as alphas are). If you are looking to do testing, that's great. But if you are looking for the latest stable version then try antiX 13.2.

Not sure about your boot problem, but I thought I would chime in with the above info.
fatmac
Likely, safe mode uses the vesa video driver, so you will need to either download & install your correct driver, or make sure you are using the vesa driver on your installation. You should, hopefully, be able to get to a VT (Virtual Terminal) by pressing alt+F2 or ctrl+alt+F2, & do the necessary there.
rokytnji
Give us a inxi -F report like I mentioned in chat.
topriyeshpp
dolphin_oracle wrote:You are working with antiX-14 or mx-14? antix-14 is in alpha and is full of issues (as alphas are). If you are looking to do testing, that's great. But if you are looking for the latest stable version then try antiX 13.2.

Not sure about your boot problem, but I thought I would chime in with the above info.

Dear Friend,
Thanks for your responce. I have installled MX-14 by luck. I dont know much about linux, I am a user only. Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks
topriyeshpp
rokytnji wrote:Give us a inxi -F report like I mentioned in chat.
Thanks for your replay, How can I generate inxi -F report? I am a user only, please explain.
dolphin_oracle
open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

inxi -F
then copy & paste the result into a forum post.
topriyeshpp
fatmac wrote:Likely, safe mode uses the vesa video driver, so you will need to either download & install your correct driver, or make sure you are using the vesa driver on your installation. You should, hopefully, be able to get to a VT (Virtual Terminal) by pressing alt+F2 or ctrl+alt+F2, & do the necessary there.
Now I am able to see my mouse pointer at the screen. Can i do anything now? Please suggest..
dolphin_oracle
try typing the following boot cheat code into the box on the boot screen

xdrv=vesa
or

xmodule=vesa
just append the code to the end of the line. Hopefully it will force loading of the vesa driver and you'll be able to finish loading X (the windowing system).

If that doesn't work, we are going to need you to get to a command prompt (cntrl+alt+f2), log in, and run the inxi -F command and post the video line results.
Last edited by dolphin_oracle on 03 Aug 2014, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
fatmac
I think that's a typo -> xdrv=vesa
dolphin_oracle
fatmac wrote:I think that's a typo -> xdrv=vesa
yep. I edited my original post. thanks!
topriyeshpp
Dear Friends, I have solved my problem. There may be better way to do this also. I have searched some of other linux forum there i found the same type of problem posted by somebody.. I like to share it here also so may it will help somebody. Procedure is as below...
After grub screen, while the screen shows boot options menu press e so we can edit the grub settings
Edit the line- linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.12 ro quiet
Replase quiet with nomodeset
Press F10 so it will continue the booting process
After doing this i got my desktop screen, then I made the change permently by editing the configuration in"Grub Customizor"
I have tested the changes by rebooting PC and it was success.

I dont know what was happed behind the screen but it is done...

Thanks everybody for your replays. I hope your support in future also.