agitator
Hello,

I used to theme my WinXP to look like 98SE... before I gave up working with Windows (except for graphics and pre-print). Yes. This will look like 98SE. Simple and usable. You don't have to search anything. It's where it always was. XP is dead, as is 98SE, but we're used to this desktop. So here it is:

Before:

After:

(Inspired by th great artwork of Zdzisław Beksiński)
Changed the Menu background also.

The icons need some work. And the Conky colors also. But...
There's another old machine that needs to be reanimated.

Thanks to all the people who helped to create (at least) this. __{{emoticon}}__
eric52
Hey agitator - it came out great - in all detail. I think you must hold the record for the most haunting background image of all time. I won't forget to put roses on this one!
agitator
Then you'll be surprised to read the next one will be a Beksiński desktop, too. Other colors of course. But just as frightening and disturbing. This artist painted a lot of disturbing pictures before they stabed him at last. It'll take some time before I can do this. Have to change a CMOS-battery, a CD-drive and other hardware stuff before. Didn't do that before and have no idea how to do it. Maybe I'll kill the machine I want to reanimate.

Edit: Man killing machine, nice idea,btw. Of course it's other way round. I know it.
eric52
Use a tiny screwdriver to pop out the old CMOS battery. If they cleverly put it where you can't get at it without tearing the machine apart, just don't unplug it once set up. Replace with a DVD-RW. Check the little jumper at the back first. Cable select means the last unit on the ribbon cable is master. Turn on and check b4 you recover and screw down. Don't rub leather soled shoes on carpet while you're doing this. It will work. Can't wait to see your next masterpiece ... well maybe I can. Having trouble sleeping at the moment. I think it was just some kid he wouldn't lend money to that stabbed him. Of course, lending means something else in Polish. Bad things can happen when you hold all the verbs until the bitter end.
agitator
The son of his former domestic workers. I read this somewhere on the net. Now I'll turn towards the tiny screwdriver. __{{emoticon}}__
I hope I won't destroy the machnine...
cwilliams
Now you got me started on somewhat creepy desktop wallpapers.
Those are disturbing for sure.
Here's one I found in widescreen format.

Maybe I need to start doing more blue based themes.
Yours looks very nice.
Colin
eric52
Ah-ha! So that's what ice-nine looks like. Worst case of cat's cradle I've ever seen. Thanks, Colin.