paraquat
Hi All,

I've got everything on my antiX working except the microphone.

I have a standard analog earphone set with with microphone. No trouble with the audio, other than the microphone.

I've tried it with both pulseaudio installed and uninstalled. Seems to make no difference. With pulseaudio, I played with pavucontrol to tweak settings, again no luck.

I also have a USB plug-and-play earphone with microphone. I cannot get that to work at all, neither sound nor microphone.

Without access to my microphone, I can't use Google-Talk, which is my intended purpose.

I have Linux Mint installed on this computer as well as antiX, and both the analog and USB earphone/microphone set work fine with it.

I hope that someone can help. Here is the output of inxi:

Code: Select all

bob@eee:~>  inxi -F
System:    Host eee Kernel 2.6.36-1-mepis-smp i686 (32 bit) Distro antiX-M11-686 Jayaben Desai 01 May 2011
CPU:       Dual core Intel Atom N570 (-HT-MCP-) cache 512 KB flags (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 vmx) bmips 6665.6 
           Clock Speeds: (1) 1000.00 MHz (2) 1000.00 MHz (3) 1000.00 MHz (4) 1667.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 X.Org 1.11.1.902 Res: 1024x600@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel IGD x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 1.4 Mesa 7.11 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card Intel N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.23
Network:   Card-1 Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) driver ath9k bus-ID: 02:00.0
           Card-2 Atheros AR8152 v2.0 Fast Ethernet driver atl1c v: 1.0.1.0-NAPI port ec00 bus-ID: 01:00.0
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 250.1GB (21.4% used) 1: /dev/sda Hitachi_HTS54322 250.1GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 116G used: 31G (28%) fs: ext4 ID:swap-1 size: 4.00GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 69.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes 111 Uptime 31 min Memory 149.1/2015.2MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.95 
======================

Thanks and best regards,
Paraquat
rokytnji
My notes for getting my mic to work on a different computer and different distro also (MacPUP=old notes link) is in this thread. I am not saying your problem may have been the same as mine though. I stayed away from pulseaudio and just use alsa itself which is good enough for me.

eeepc-900-microphone-debian-wheezy-fix-antix-11-t3433.html

Also. Compare alsamixer settings in Linux Mint with AntiX alsamixer settings .

Howdy and Welcome and Good luck with it, Rok __{{emoticon}}__
oldhoghead
Site Admin
As this thread is a little old, I do hope you will return and let us know if you still want to resolve this issue.
One thing to try is either a newer kernel, or liquorix kernel, both may be easily installed using smxi, If your not familiar with the process, have a read in the antiX faq which is included on antiX-m11 or have a read here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://sblinux.org/antix/index.html#smxi"
linktext was:"http://sblinux.org/antix/index.html#smxi"
====================================

Edit: Found this on the comments on Distrowatch, don't know if you have seen it, if not, it may help:
Re Antix & Robert's mike problem (by gee7 on 2011-12-05 18:40:07 GMT from United Kingdom)
In my old Eeepc 701 4G netbook using Crunchbang Linux, the mike is turned off by default. In order to use Skype I had to find a way to turn it on. The mike (and video) now work perfectly and Skype is super for video conferencing.

I had to configure the asound.state file to switch on the internal microphone by opening a terminal and typing:

# sudo gedit /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

I then changed 4 “false” statements to “true” so that they appeared as below:

Control 8
name: 'i-Mic Playback Switch'
value.0 true
value.1 true

Control 9
name: 'Capture Switch'
value.0 true
value.1 true

After editing the file, save the changes by typing in the terminal:

# sudo alsactl restore

This may not be the same for your operating system Antix, but it may lead to a similar solution. Good luck.

PS using # sudo alsamixer
I also had to unmute the volume by pressing the M key to unmute/mute
and using the Up/Down keys for Volume adjustments

cheers,
ohh