dolphin_oracle
I seem to have an issue with the"update menus" option. It just put I think every installed program on my system (at least those with .desktop files) in both the"other" catagory AND"preferences". THey also show up in their"usual" catagories.

Weird.

deleting the menu entires in menu-applications and rerunning update menus didn't work. All entries reappeared.

suggestions? anybody change anything in"Update menu" program?

thanks.

d.o.
Last edited by dolphin_oracle on 15 Dec 2013, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
SamK
An update/upgrade has been done after this report without encountering the issue.

Version
  • antiX-13.2-Full-Stable
Repos
  • antix.daveserver.info/stable/ stable main
  • ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
  • security.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
Ugrades Installed
  • spacefm 0.9.2-1 stable
  • udevil 0.4.2-1 stable
  • yad 0.25.1-1 stable
Update Menu
Issue not present

Reboot
Issue not present
dolphin_oracle
Ok, so I've done something . Hmm... I wonder what. Its an odd problem, to have libreoffice for instance show up in your preferences menu.
dolphin_oracle
Ok, I know what happened. I don't know how to fix it, but I know what happened.

After installing something, I ran"update-menus" from the command line. This is apparently NOT our menu updater, but the debian version. Nothing happended at first, but when I ran our"update menus" from the icewm menu, the extra entries appeared.
dolphin_oracle
Ok, got the fix. running"udpate-menus" from the cli creates a new folder in ~/.local/share/applications/ call menu.xdg that contains all sorts of menu links. delete that, wipe the offending enties from ~/.icewm/applications, and the run update menus from he icewm menu, and all is well.
jdmeaux1952
D.O., you the MAN. Figured it out on your own.