topic title: mc
oldhoghead
Site Admin
anticapitalista,

when starting mc from antiX>system>Shell>mc, mc works correctly

however if I use antiX>applications>applications>File Managment>mc, I get a roxterm error box stating:

error parsing command line options: Unknown option -T, once I click ok, the mc comes up properly??

will keep testing

nano also from applications menu

cheers,
oldhoghead
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Yes, I noticed that too.
The -T option is just to title the terminal and roxterm doesn't have this.
Now, _why_ it asks for this -T option, I don't know.
OU812

29 Nov 2008, 18:03 #3

I checked some icewm config files. I'm not sure why roxterm is being used instead of rxvt. I will try and find a way to point to rxvt; if I'm successful, the problem would be fixed.

john
oldhoghead
Site Admin
John,

I went to /etc/x11/icewm/programs and deleted the -T from the mc line and it seems to work ok

cheers
oldhoghead
OU812
Unfortunately you would have to do that for every cli app in that file - they are all set up the same way. From reading the file I saw that cli apps point to"x-terminal-emulator" so that should be a bit easier to track down. Thanks for pointing this out. When I have more time, I will try and hunt down which app icewm is using as the default xterm.

john
OU812
Found the fix: The idea is that a symlink was created in /usr/bin so that"x-terminal-emulator" pointed to roxterm. So every time x-terminal-emulator is referenced, roxterm is launched. The fix is to delete the existing symlink and create a new one that points to urxvt. Open a root terminal and do:

1. cd /usr/bin
2. rm -i x-terminal-emulator
3. ln -s urxvt x-terminal-emulator

So the good news is that problem is fixed. However, you won't get anything fancy when you launch the apps from the app menu: no transparency, etc. For that I think you need to edit ~/.Xdefaults. I found some examples with aterm defaults while googling. So perhaps just follow those examples if it's that important to you. For me, no.

Anti - please do this (steps 1-3) for the next release. Thanks!

HTH

john