curtludwig
Greetings all, I'm running antiX 16 on a Macbook Pro 2.1. I'm super impressed with how well it runs on this old hardware, in getting it setup I'm running into a couple problems with the keyboard.

The F keys on this mac have double duty and while I can make them work (for volume control for instance) in conjunction with the fn key (which properly makes them behave as F keys in the Mac OS) they won't work without. I'd guess I need to identify them differently but don't know what to put.

Another other one thats getting me are the command keys, the left one currently opens the start menu, the right opens the workspace list. I'd like the right one to behave like alt so I can use it for browser shortcuts, what do I list it as to make it behave?

Finally how do I setup keys to control screen brightness? By default this Mac would use F1 and F2 for that...

Thanks!
BitJam
For changing the keyboard layout, the simplest thing to do is to edit the file /etc/default/keyboard and then log out and log in again to restart X.  All of the options available to you are in the file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xorg.lst.  I suggest you start with using:

Code: Select all

XKBMODEL="macbook78"
You should also Google(linux macpro keyboard layout) to get more suggestions, including suggestions from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook#Keyboard"
linktext was:"Debian's MacBook wiki page"
====================================