GregB
I was trying to install the Google Earth .deb and GDebi gave a message about lsb-core. When trying to install lsb-core in Synaptic the package says something about 1 broken package when it is marked for installation. I'm on a 32-bit Wheezy install of the latest antiX. The kernel has been upgraded as per the antiX main page and the nvidia driver has been installed. Nothing else has been installed.
dolphin_oracle
lsb-core depends on lsb-security, which depends on libnspr4 and libnss3 which are netscape runtime librarires related to mozilla. The depends relationship is (=) in this case instead of"greater than or equal" so they are looking for particular versions, not just any version. the problem is that the versions that come with antix are new than the versions in debian stable. You could try using synaptic to force those versions to debian stable, but it will likely break something else. I just tried on my system, and ia32-libs didn't like it, but since you are on 32bit, you may not have that issue.

The force version command is in the package menu in the synaptic menu bar.

another option would be to enable the testing repos for just this operation, install your software, and then re-enable the wheezy repos. This will often help this sort of problem.

I have also heard of folks trying to trick the system by making a symlink in the name of the older library linked to the newer library. I really don't know how to do that though.
GregB
Thanks for the reply. I tried marking the Debian testing repo, reloading and marking lsb-core. The system wanted to remove packages and install a lot of other packages. Some of these were x server packages.
GregB
Solved in posting libnspr4-0d [2:4.9.6-1~bpo70+1] package.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4783