plvera
Hello:
I just finished a dist-upgrade uneventfully, and then I noticed that both video players were not working. I could not get them to work from the menu, from file associations (which were gone) or from the terminal.

I reinstalled mplayer and gnome-player using synaptic and they still do not work. Audio players seem to be fine. Any one else noticed this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks.

Pedro
dark-D
it happened to me as well. i had a chat with erie at the time, it's in the chat area. i installed the w32codecs (try this first) as erie suggested but it still didn't work i was getting that error in the terminal ( mplayer: symbol lookup error: mplayer: undefined symbol: codec_wav_tags). so i put mplayer on hold and install it from stable using this post
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/warning-do-not-upgrade-icewm-and-icewm-common-t1752.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/warning-do- ... t1752.html"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false . after a week or so i noticed that a new version was in testing so i got mplayer out of hold and updated. my mplayer works now with testing repos.
plvera
Ice,
thanks for the suggestions. As in your case, w32 codecs did not fix the problem. However, installing the stable mplayer does seem to work. So, the problem is fixed.
Thanks again.

Pedro
secipolla
Just mentioning, some time ago me too couldn't watch videos with mplayer and it was just a matter of changing the video driver check box under settings>video (there are some boxes like 'vesa', 'X11' etc.).