rokytnji
Ok. I have Fluxbox startup text matching OU812s startup Text. What I don't know how to do is to find Fluxbox and Icewm wallpaper files to insert into ~/.config/nitrogen. Also. to make the symlink file to fool nitrogen. Do I open leafpad or nano and type in
I am a biker and I don't know how to type a symlink to fool nitrogen
Trying to be lighthearted here. Ya gotta remember. I can fix motorcycles. Trying to learn computers but self taught. So lost when figuring what to do when it comes to symlink. If I know where to grab the Icewm and Fluxbox Wallpapers. I will fee nagle them into ~/.config/nitrogen. Thanks for being patient with this tattoed Desert Biker. Happy trails
rokytnji
Well. For grins I tried finding Icewm wallpaper file using Catfish searcher. No file found. Checked file system for search.

For Fluxbox Wallpaper search all I got was 1 blue Debian wallpaper that came up in search.

In my home directory in my Wallpaper file, I have 2 sub folders labled
1. Biker
2. wallpaper

What I am thinking of doing, is making a copy of my Wallpaper folder. So I have 2 Wallpaper folder Directories. Then renaming one to Icewm wallpaper. The copied one as Fluxbox wallpaper. Then move them both into ~/.config/nitrogen. Is my reasoning correct in this? Then I just need to make the symlink file (which I have no idea what to type in it) using leafpad and move it into ~/.config/nitrogen. Hopefully this will fix this issue. Hope I am on the right track here.
rokytnji
After a lot of searching I think I have started to narrow this down.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic"
linktext was:"http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false ... er-sticks/

This statement seems to hit this problem on the nail. Because I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nitrogen in Synaptic with no better results.
Note: reinstalling nitrogen did nothing, completely removing and installing nitrogen did nothing.

Once apparently valid bg-saved.cfg contents exist, nitrogen starts behaving (and saving) normally again.

Bottom line: Nitrogen becomes broken in the event of a zero byte config file.
What do I need to change in my bg-saved-fb.cfg
[:0.0]
file=?
mode=0
bgcolor=# 0 0 0
and my bg-saved-icewmconfig
file=?
mode=4
bgcolor=#fff7f7
Next to my config files I have a 2 folders. One named
icewm wallpaper
the other is named
fluxbox wallpaper
EDITThere are no subfolders in either icewm wallpaper or fluxbox wallpaper folders. I extracted images for subfolders and deleted them. Now only images are in these 2 folders.
OU812
You should have the following two actual files in ~/.config/nitrogen (If not, create them by copying, pasting, and saving them in ~/.config/nitrogen):

1. bg-saved-icewm.cfg

Code: Select all

file=/home/john/Wallpaper/wilkolak.jpg
mode=0
bgcolor=# 0 0 0
and replace my file path with yours.

2. bg-saved-fb.cfg

file=/home/john/Wallpaper/Hard-Rain.jpg
mode=0
bgcolor=# 0 0 0
and replace my file path with yours.

Now create a symlink (bg-saved.cfg) to one of the above folders. (Before you create the symlink, open your file manager and navigate to the nitrogen folder. If a symlink already exists, delete it.)
1. Open a terminal as a user.
2. Navigate to the nitrogen directory

cd ~/.config/nitrogen
3. Create the symlink

ln -s bg-saved-fb.cfg bg-saved.cfg
john
rokytnji
Thanks John for replying. I went off on a different tangent to fix this. After drinking a couple beers, thinking of what to do. I decided to boot up my Antix 8 CD. Then for future reference in case anybody else runs into this. I
1. Opened up PCMan and had it mount my Antix Installed partition.
2. Then went to .config/nitrogen
3. opened home in thumbs from live cd.
4. took both bg,saved files (icewm & fluxbox) and dragged them to my mounted filesystem. Dropped them into place.
5. Shutdown, pulled CD and rebooted.
6. Opened up Control Center, and ALLmy images and AntiX images were in Nitrogen Now. Picked out a image and hit apply. Boom it worked.
7. Switched over to Fluxbox. Opened Nitrogen. Picked out a Image, (all of them were there). Hit apply. Boom it worked. Haven't rebooted yet, but I am going to mark this as solved if it sticks after a reboot. Yep. I'm Jazzed. __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Wellll, I rebooted, and I got 2 or 3 Wallpapers flashing before it settled down in Icewm. I opened Nitrogen and my stuff was still there at least. But I have to reinstate the image From before. Going to fluxbox I had to do the same. I am going to try your way now John, Wish me luck. __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Ok, what I did was edit the line in the bg-saved.cfg because terminal said one already existed. I made the line read the same as the ones in my fluxbox and icewm files. Since at least I got Nitrogen repopulated with images. And I started this thread with that problem. I should consider this solved. Believe it or not. When I first installed Anti. Wallpapers/Nitrogen were buggy/flaky from the beginning. I was having to manually put a image in after logging out, or rebooting. So nothing new for me there. I can live with this for the time being. I'll leave this open for a couple days for any comments. Happy Trails guys. I really thank you for all the help and advice. Now I'll just enjoy Playing around with AntiX and see what else I'll break. __{{emoticon}}__