anticapitalista
Site Admin
LibreOffice has now entered Debian Testing. This means, if you have openoffice installed via Debian repos, it will get changed to Libreoffice. antiX supports LibreOffice and it is available for install via the meta-installer (antiX-M11) and also via smxi.
Cuttlefish
I installed LibreOffice and I like it very much. I'm using it in Win7 too.

How does one make it the default in antiX 11?

Thanks,
Dave
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Right click on doc/odt file when in rox, Set run action, type lowriter

Do same for other files ie localc for calc. loimpress for presentation
Cuttlefish
Perfect.
Thanks!!
Cuttlefish
I was unable to get Calc or Impress to open up with the"set run action" method. I then right clicked on the document or presentation and then scrolled down to"Window" then"Shell Command" and typed"localc" or"loimpress".
Like this...
localc"$@"

After hitting"Enter" the document opened quite nicely.

With Thunar I was able to choose"Open with LibreOffice". No difficulties there. Worked great.

I have also read that sound may not play for pps using Impress. I am experiencing that also. Googling no sound in LibreOffice shows that this is a bug. gstreamer related. I'm trying to figure that one out. No success yet.

Dave
nats007
Good to know... I currently run OOo in my setup. I'll do an update tonight and see if LibreOffice updates correctly. One question is would I have to go remove any old OOo stuff? I guess like apt-get clean, purge, etc.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
It should write over OpenOffice.