Lexmark X1200 series scanner

susavane1
Hi antiX-helpers,
I think it will not be possible to make the Lexmark X1200 series printer work, but I would like to use the scanner at least.
It works out of the box in Lubuntu Lucid with Simple Scan. That's why I installed Simple Scan, but antiX doesn't recognize the scanner, it starts the webcam instead. Maybe somebody knows how to manage it? Thanks in advance and greetings,
Susanne

__{{emoticon}}__
lagopus
I don't know it this may help:

Printer Driver for Red Hat and SuSE Linux Systems

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&actp=DD_LIST&productCode=LEXMARK_X543&id=DR19787&os=FEDORA_14&oslocale=zz_CN&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=FR_FR&locale=fr"
linktext was:"http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=c ... &locale=fr"
====================================

I would do:
1) to be able to install rpm (redhat, fedora, suze, mandriva...) packages on my antiX (debian) system:
#apt-get install alien
(the package alien is not installed on my antiX box)

2) Then convert the package.rpm into a package.deb, and install the generated package.
#alien -i print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.rpm

Hope this will help
susavane1
Hi lagopus,
thank you for your help. I did it as you advised me. I downloaded the .rpm package and tried to convert+install it.
But this is my terminal output:
susanne@(none):~
$ su root
Passwort:
root@(none):/home/susanne
# cd /home/susanne/Downloads
root@(none):/home/susanne/Downloads
# alien -i print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.rpm

Warning: Skipping conversion of scripts in package drivers-LEXPrtDrv: postinst preinst prerm
Warning: Use the --scripts parameter to include the scripts.
Unpacking of 'print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.rpm' failed at /usr/share/perl5/Alien/Package/Rpm.pm line 168.
#
And the I did this:
# alien -i print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.rpm --scripts
Unpacking of 'print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.rpm' failed at /usr/share/perl5/Alien/Package/Rpm.pm line 168.
#
And this is the text in the mentioned line 168:
$this->do("rpm2cpio".$this->filename." | (cd $workdir; $decomp cpio --extract --make-directories --no-absolute-filenames --preserve-modification-time) 2>&1")
or die"Unpacking of '".$this->filename."' failed";
What's the problem?
Greetings,
Susanne

__{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__
lagopus
Hi susanne

I wish I'm not misleading you, I have little experience in printers settings. I have a HP printer and I use the hplip debian package (for scanning, I use our old Windows XP desktop)

The error in the perl script:
looks like the command rpm2cpio is not available

Found it googling around: perhaps you need the rpm2cpio package:
alien should depend on rpm2cpio - Debian Bug report logs
Simply try to start the command: rpm2cpio from the command line.

I tried to install alien on my machine, but I was not able to download it from my server ftp.fr.debian.org ...

About the scanner: most people use xsane (however I can't help you, never scanned from antX); generally there is far less issues with scanners (vs. printer drivers).

Greetings