dolphin_oracle
I set up this antix m8 desktop with fluxbox and fbpanel as the main features. Since i'm also using an eee pc 904ha, I'm showing off the webcam with Cheese. Hi everybody.

fbpanel is setup with cpu monitor and battery monitor, as well as a freedesktop menu (useful when you can't find a new install in the fluxbox menu...)

gtk theme is darkilouche and the icon set is tango-materia. I'm using the NYZ fluxbox them for the colors, with a grey background to match the gtk theme.

iceweasel is set up with an extension to shrink the menu bar out of the way for more screen real-estate, important on a 1024x600 screen.

see attached screen shot.
eriefisher
Looking real sharp!!!
plvera
It looks great! I'm glad to see that cheese is working for you. It was working fine for me, but after some dist-upgrades it has quit working.
Are you running stable or sid?
thanks.
Pedro
dolphin_oracle
Thanks!

I've actually only updated once since last install, and that was with the default repos, which I think mean sid. I have changed the repos back to stable now after the harrowing experience that is PolicyKit, but I did not reinstall, so I guess I"m closer to sid than stable. I've even installed exaile from source since the debian version in the repos pulls in a bunch of gnome integration stuff. Its a weird mix at the moment, but I just got everything working the way I want and I don't want to touch it.

Cheese was kind of a last resort...I actually tried almost everything with the eee webcam, but cheese is the only thing I've found in the repos that could capture both stills and video. uvcview is a nice gtk app, but its not available in the repos. Its supposedly the default app for the linux eee-pcs. I liked it, but I could only get an older ubuntu version as a .deb (googled around). source is available, but it required a LOT of additional packages in order to compile.