GumVonSchweetz
Hi! 😁 I wanted to install antix but i can't since keyboard doesn't type anything. Can't find any driver for my keyboard"A4Tech X7 G800V". Also OS doesn't see my USB flash drive. What should i do? 😱
masinick
To type something there ought to be a way to select a generic keyboard, even if it does not have 100% of the characteristics found in your keyboard model.

Where is the USB flash drive"not seen"?  Is your copy of antiX on this flash drive, or is antiX already installed through some other means?

If you can show us some examples, screenshots, or copied instances of what you are doing that is not producing what you are expecting to see, that would be helpful and someone will be able to give you a well-informed, complete answer.  Thanks.
rokytnji
If it won't type in bios. You got more problems than OS not seeing usb drive. Howdy and Welcome. 😎
BitJam
Someone had this same problem
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://classicforum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=28794.0"
linktext was:"in Manjaro"
====================================
.  Someone else posted a fix that uses
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://github.com/denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist/issues/12"
linktext was:"udev rules to prevent it from showing up as a joystick"
====================================

If the udev rule fixes the problem then maybe we should add it to stock antiX.   It is selecting for both vendor id and product id so I don't think it will create any false positives.
GumVonSchweetz
rokytnji wrote: If it won't type in bios. You got more problems than OS not seeing usb drive. Howdy and Welcome. 😎
it works in bios but when i launch OS keyboard doesn't type anything but if i press"2" button on keyboard there some context menu appears. 😰
GumVonSchweetz
masinick wrote: To type something there ought to be a way to select a generic keyboard, even if it does not have 100% of the characteristics found in your keyboard model.

Where is the USB flash drive"not seen"?  Is your copy of antiX on this flash drive, or is antiX already installed through some other means?

If you can show us some examples, screenshots, or copied instances of what you are doing that is not producing what you are expecting to see, that would be helpful and someone will be able to give you a well-informed, complete answer.  Thanks.
antix installed on usb flash drive and it doesn't see this usb in file manager. If i knew what to show since i'm a newbie :P
fatmac
Maybe you got a duff download? Did you check it? (Try downloading again.)

Edit:
antix installed on usb flash drive and it doesn't see this usb in file manager.
In a file manager, it will be the root partition (/), you should be in your /home/(user name) directory.
GumVonSchweetz
fatmac wrote: Maybe you got a duff download? Did you check it? (Try downloading again.)

Edit:
antix installed on usb flash drive and it doesn't see this usb in file manager.
In a file manager, it will be the root partition (/), you should be in your /home/(user name) directory.
well i tried Universal usb installer (with"live" command since there was an error about"not a com32r image") and Rufus (worked since Rufus downloaded needed files and there were no errors). Maybe i just should use another distro but i fell in love in AntiX immidiatelly when saw how less RAM it uses. I used Mint before but for my PC Mint is too heavy OS (like Windows 7+). :)
fatmac
I think you may be misunderstanding, if you are booted into your system on the pendrive, it will show up as your root directory (/).
(If you run 'df -h' in a terminal, you will see it.)