Krane
Hi, I have just Installed Antix and im enjoying it so far, it allowed me to bring an old laaptop back to life, I just have a couple of questions to ask.

I wondered if it is possible for me too add new folders to the launcher/start menu and have new programs installed in the newly created folders?

Secondly, is it safe to uninstall unwanted programs through Synaptic or is it best to use another method?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Krane on 22 Feb 2010, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
plvera
Hello Krane:

Welcome to Antix! The menus (either for IceWM or Fluxbox) are fully customizable in Antix. Just use the control center>Desktop>Edit Fluxbox Setttings (or IceWm). This will bring up a window with several files. Click on menu and follow the syntax to add programs to the menu or to rearrange the categories.

For your second question, I typically use apt-get as root from a terminal. I suppose Synaptic will work as well. Since I use apt-get to update and upgrade, it's just easier for me to do apt-get remove or apt-get purge.

Enjoy Antix and post away any questions you may have, and some one will try to help.

Pedro
Krane
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the help.