cousinlucky
I can not locate anything to restart or shut off the installation. All I can do is to turn my computer off. I can not paste any URL's into iceweasel. I added konkeror, hearts, and aisleriot with the package manager but I can not find them. Applications on the desktop does not list anything. Sorry to be bothering anyone, but this is really very confusing!! Thanks!!
rokytnji
rokytnji
Menu>logout>logout to get the shutdown gui

Menu>Icewm>Update Menu to update the menu for games.
Richard
@cousinlucky,

What @roky said, should bring up a menu.

If you do a right click do you get a menu.
Tell what you see to help you get up and running.

If you can't get a menu:
could be a bad download, or some other error.
Personally, I would reinstall; backup any data that you might have.
Since you just installed, probably not a great problem.
cousinlucky
Thanks,
I right click the desktop and get:
terminal
files
editor
browser
applications
etc.

there isn't any menu on the list and this is the first os I've encountered that did not have a logout, restart, shut down icon on the desktop!!
skidoo
wuzza unhelpful reply here. removed.
Last edited by skidoo on 30 Jul 2015, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
rokytnji
Put this in

AntiX Control Center>Edit Icewm Settings > toolbar next to removable devices

prog"Unplug Removable Device" /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Cupertino-mini/devices/32/drive-removable-media-usb.png unplugdrive.sh
prog"Quit" /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Cupertino-mini/actions/32/application-exit.png desktop-session-exit

Save. Close Geany.

On toolbar

Menu > Logout > retart icewm

You should now have a red shutdown button in your toolbar. Left click on it. There is now your icon,

cousinlucky
Skidoo if you had not posted those links I never would have remembered them. At 71 I can't remember what I did last week. Thanks!!
skidoo
aw, I scrubbed my (seemed more sarcastic than playful) comment before realizing you'd read/replied.
cousinlucky
I have experienced much worse at these forums!! When you do not know anything the experts can not help but jerk you around sometimes!! That's human nature!!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
cousinlucky wrote:I have experienced much worse at these forums!! When you do not know anything the experts can not help but jerk you around sometimes!! That's human nature!!
I'd like to know what 'much worse' you 'have experienced at these forums'
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
Thanks,
I right click the desktop and get:
terminal
Terminal is all you need. Type in

Code: Select all

sudo shutdown -h now
or

Code: Select all

sudo shutdown -h 0 
and it should shut down BUT shutting down is not what you want to be doing, is it? You want to change to Icewm Desktop from Fluxbox, which you are in, so:

Right click in the window and a menu appears, as you have already found out. Now left click on Desktop/Other Desktops/Icewm and it should change over giving you your usual Desktop. then you can start and shutdown in your usual way.

Sorry it took so long to answer Cousin Lucky. Long time no see! __{{emoticon}}__
cousinlucky
Alanarchy, I finally had to abandon my dial-up connection!! My Antix os stopped dialing and most others I tried did not have dial-up. My website and computer got hacked by a disgusting spammer who had the nerve to keep dialing my phone number and then hand up at all hours!! At any rate I'm back on the internet again!! I hope you have been well!!

In the top right corner of the screen the box reads desktop: rox-icewm!

I have to click browser in the menu to get iceweasel to work; the iceweasel icon on the desktop does not work.

On the menu I clicked run and I was able to get konqueror to run!

Is there somewhere in the control panel for me to set up a logout-restart-shutdown icon?

Are there other ways to start iceweasel and konqueror?

Thanks!!
cousinlucky
rokytnji wrote:Put this in

AntiX Control Center>Edit Icewm Settings > toolbar next to removable devices

prog"Unplug Removable Device" /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Cupertino-mini/devices/32/drive-removable-media-usb.png unplugdrive.sh
prog"Quit" /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Cupertino-mini/actions/32/application-exit.png desktop-session-exit

Save. Close Geany.

On toolbar

Menu > Logout > retart icewm

You should now have a red shutdown button in your toolbar. Left click on it. There is now your icon,

t.jpg
Sorry this did not work!
cousinlucky
This problem has been solved with a new installation!!