topic title: Just instaled MX-14
Eino
So far so good, but I don't have all my music editors added yet.
Eino
I just made a big boo boob, I needed something from Debian testing repositories, and forgot, then did an update with the testing repository still open. I got an error during the update, and now MX-14 fails to boot all the way.
I do get the login without the desktop tho.
I may just start over again, but this time I will remember too disable testing before doing anything else.
jdmeaux1952
See, even us old guys make mistakes.

"But Officer, she swore she was over 21!" __{{emoticon}}__
dolphin_oracle
eino. don't be afraid to post package requests over at the mepiscommunity forum. the guys backports a lot of packages. stevo said once the mepiscr hosts more backports than the official debian wheezy backports repo.
Eino
dolphin_oracle wrote:eino. don't be afraid to post package requests over at the mepiscommunity forum. the guys backports a lot of packages. stevo said once the mepiscr hosts more backports than the official debian wheezy backports repo.
I'll keep that in mind, I have it fixed now, but I have errors now.
This is the errors.

Code: Select all

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
Eino
My new music machine.
coyotito
I installed it today -and wiping it now to test antiX 15 RC1 which seems way more stable. in fact totally usable.

m14 very nice but too unstable which I ascribe to the backports stuff. seems to be flash related, results in freezes and involuntary logouts.

much like another very nice and appealing distro, Wmaker Live which suffers it seems from the bits thrown in from backports
Jerry
I believe you are the very first person since the release of MX-14 15 months ago to talk about instability! Hope antiX-15 works better for you.
coyotito
yeah, don't know what happened. 2 such in a row, first xubuntu 14 giving black screen on X startup (same OS works perfectly on my laptop) and then very surprised at this issue.

Something with flash, definitely, that caused lockups. Both with chrome/pepperflash and last version of Firefox.
a15 seems entirely stable and here even the for me most annoying Jessie bug is gone: the Eterm terminal emulator would start without any command prompt. i must have a terminal that has random cool wallpapers..
Eino
I'm running a computer I built just for making, and editing music.
I'm running a
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6 Core Processor with Sound Blaster X Fi Titanium Pro Audio PCI sound card.

I could care less if, flash don't work right. I did not build this machine to surf the web, or watch videos. Besides html5 works, for watching youtube.
skidoo
Eino wrote:This is the errors.

Code: Select all

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
Have you solved this yet? If not, this might provide a fix:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
Eino
It's fixed now.