THX1138
It seems like there is a line of one pixel width where the cursor must be in order to resize a window and it takes a while to get the cursor positioned precisely enough to enable the adjustment. Is it possible to widen the zone to three pixels?
fatmac
Yes, 'border width' is what you are looking for.
(I think that is found in a 'theme'.)
I never bother changing things, you soon get used to them. :)
THX1138
Unfortunately, I expect my fine motor control to only deteriorate as I get older so I don't think I'll ever get used to the accuracy required :( Do you know where the themes are stored in the file system? It's a shame that the border itself has to be thicker in order for the cursor detection zone to be bigger too :(
SamK
THX1138 wrote: It seems like there is a line of one pixel width where the cursor must be in order to resize a window and it takes a while to get the cursor positioned precisely enough to enable the adjustment.
In the new Tapatalk forum  I can't find a way to get the address of the specific number of the post.  Browse this thread and look for a post by reverseDog.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"(viewtopi c.p hp)?f=16&t=6680&p=48999&hilit=%22Alt+key+pressed%22#p48999"
linktext was:"(viewtopi c.p hp)?f=16&t=6680&p=48999&hilit ... %22#p48999"
====================================
THX1138
Thanks very much!
fatmac
Well done SamK, probably better to quote it for THX1138 as they're new. :)

reverseDog
Posts 60

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 am #3
IceWM, by the way, lets you resize a window without your having to grab its edges or corners. Just keep the Alt key pressed, place the mouse cursor anywhere within the window and start dragging with the right mouse button pressed. If you prefer a different key mouse combi you can set this in the file ~/.icewm/preferences. I have enabled super+left for resizing windows.

Still it might be a good idea to choose a theme with a thicker border. Border width is defined by the IceWM theme though, and not by the GTK theme.
ajpat3
Learn something new everyday.  Thanks everyone.