topic title: Intel Wireless
OU812
Hello. My intel wireless pro card (toshiba laptop) worked ootb in antix 8.0 using wicd. In 8.2, I could connect to my router with wicd, but I could not load web pages. So I ran rutilt, which worked perfectly. After rebooting, I can now connect using wicd and browse web pages. I don't know what the problem was, but I'm glad it's fixed. I was kinda hoping that I could use rutilt for awhile and compare its performance to wicd, but I'm just happy that one (or both) of them work.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I think wicd defaults to dhcp instead of dhclient and that causes the problems.
OU812
Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Maybe, but I can't test as I don't have wireless.
owlpath
I had the same problem. I just did a clean install from CD of 8.2 over 8.0 (whiched worked perfectly) and found my Wicd would connect to the router as normal but the browser would not allow pages to load as if it they were blocked. After reading Anticapitalista's comment about the DHCP Client issue, I opened up the Wicd Network Manager program, clicked preferences menu then under the external programs tab changed the DHCP Client from automatic to dhclient. It then allowed web pages to load as normal in the brower.
eriefisher
If this is a problem just remove the offender and it should default to the other.