gelosoil
Hi all\I started this because i find really hard to find any info for a first time user of grub.
I try to install on eeepc901 and every time i tried,the antix installer shuts down by otself when it reaches the grub installation phase.
No warnings,no errors,just disappears.
I tried installing on both sda and sdb from sdc(live usb-antix16)
On all occassions when i reboot i get to the grub command line.
And i dont know how to proceed from here..:)
What are the commands that i need (assuming my installation went OK in other respects )in order to boot from either sda or sdb?
I tried boot and it says i need to load a kernel first.\Which i dont know how to do..
Please treat me as an idiot ,as at my age(57) its a bit steep the learning curve into linux.:)
I read the grub manual but man ,this is for people who know what they re doing,i m just an amateur R programmer/analyst(mostly)..:)
Best regards and thanks for your patience all..:)
gelosoil
rokytnji
Seeing you are having more trouble than I did on older releases when I owned a eeepc dual drive netbook.

Did you md5sum check your iso before installing it on your bootable medium < eg: usb pen drive or sd card>

^---- embedded YouTube-hosted video: https://www.youtube.com/Aw3nzdkeJao

Cuz we might as well start at the very beginning. A corrupted downloaded iso will give hissy fits when it comes to installing.

Also. The reason I say this. The next screen after after grub install to mbr should be a loading bar . Then grub installed ok message.
gelosoil
Indeed ,you are right!!!I redownloaded the 32bit 16.2antix,tried installing again on the 15gb drive and presto!!Afterwards i also tried to install n the 4gb drive but there i seem to have still problems.But in any case, the asus eee now works at least without the need to run live usb ..:):)
So yes thank you for that!:):)
rokytnji
Good for you. I always enjoy learning something new.
fatmac
Likely you can install to the 4gb drive by using the command line installer, one to try when you know a bit more about how your new system works, enjoy. :)