JawsThemeSwimming428
I want to use wbar (or something like it if someone can make a better suggestion). I remember (vaguely) a post here a while back regarding installing and configuring it ( I might be losing my mind). Just wondering if anyone can help me out.
Jerry
Did you use the search link above? Searching on"wbar" (what else, eh?) produces a list of hits, and I suspect a couple by eriefisher might be what you are thinking of.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Yea, I did that and quickly glanced at the results. I guess I didn't look hard enough... I will check again. Just making sure I wasn't looking for something that doesn't exist!
eriefisher
I assume you have already installed wbar? You could just edit the text file to set it up"OR" you could install wbarconf and set it up through a gui.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.ihku.biz/wbarconf/"
linktext was:"http://www.ihku.biz/wbarconf/"
====================================

Select the latest .deb for install(near bottom). Good luck.
eriefisher
If you want to do it by hand there is a file in your /home/username called .wbar, if not create it. You will be able to see the format needed.

i: /path/to/icon/to/be/used
c: command to issue
t: text to be displayed when hovering
JawsThemeSwimming428
No, I didn't install it yet. I was trying to find some information on it first.
eriefisher
If you install wbar and wbarconf first start wbarconf and choose your settings. Once your ready, click on save and then refresh. This will start the bar and your off and running.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Thanks, for the tips! One other thing, how do I make wbar start automatically at boot in Fluxbox?
eriefisher
Add it to you ~/.fluxbox/startup. Use this command:

Code: Select all

(sleep 3 && wbar -above-desk) &
JawsThemeSwimming428
ok, I downloaded wbar-1.3.3 and wbarconf and I am trying to install. I go into wbar-1.3.3 after extracting it and run make and it ends with Error 1. I am not sure what I am doing wrong? It says it depends on imlib2-dev but it isn't in synaptic. What repo do I have to add? Sorry, I am not very experienced installing in linux.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Use the deb file.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://wbar.googlecode.com/files/wbar_1.3.3_i386.deb"
linktext was:"http://wbar.googlecode.com/files/wbar_1.3.3_i386.deb"
====================================

To install, as root

dpkg -i wbar_1.3.3_i386.deb
apt-get -f install (if any unmet dependencies are needed)
JawsThemeSwimming428
Thanks, I have most everything working. The only thing I can't figure out is why wbar starts at the bottom of the screen? I used Wbarconf and went into File->Settings and changed Position on the screen to"top" and refreshed. It went to the top of the screen and I saved the changes. The next time I logged in wbar started at the bottom of the screen. I went into wbarconf and it still says it should be on the top. Any ideas?
OU812
Try

(sleep 3 && wbar -above-desk top) &

john
JawsThemeSwimming428
No luck...i added what you said and it does the same thing. The weird thing is that when I open up wbarconf and go to File->Settings..."Position on the screen" is already set to"top". I don't have to change anything all I have to do is hit Refresh and it moves to the top. But the next time I log in wbar starts on the bottom.
eriefisher
In ~/.fluxbox/startup change the wbar command to this

Code: Select all

(sleep 3 && wbar -above-desk -pos top) &
OU812 was correct, he just had the syntax wrong.