the_axis
I've looked at several"lightweight" distros for my laptop and have decided on Anitx but the installer fails to launch on the 8.2 live CD. The computer is a Dell CPI laptop, 650Mhz processor with 128M RAM.

I've also tried running sux, root then minstall from a command line and still I can't get the installer to start. What am I doing wrong?

Axis
eriefisher
Have you confirmed you have a good d/l and burn?
the_axis
Downloaded the iso again and checked the checksum with md5sum.. burned at min speed and verified the burn. I'm still getting the same result. After I try to run minstall from a command line the cd drive operated for a while, then the shell window closes and thats it, just sitting there at the desktop. Could it be not enough ram?

Axis
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Try setting up a swap partition before installing. Use gksu gparted or cfdisk (in a terminal) and then install.

If that doesn't work, then you should be able to install from harddisk (fromiso), but you need a spare partition.
the_axis
Thank you guys for your help. Creating and mounting a swap partition on the hard drive before launching the installer did the trick. I'm using the machine right now and its working much better than it did with XP on it!

Axis