Aleph
I installed antix-15.1 a week ago. Normally I use the default Desktop Rox-Icewm but today I noticed that JWM and Fluxbox are configured as a demo user and I have the option to install"Antix" in the Menu...

What is the problem?
Last edited by Aleph on 30 Mar 2016, 15:40, edited 3 times in total.
dolphin_oracle
Where are you seeing the demo user info?

***edit***

OK, I do see the installer link in menu>applications>preferences for some reason. This is also true on the antiX-16 alpha 1.
Last edited by dolphin_oracle on 19 Mar 2016, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shay
Aleph wrote: I have the option to install"Antix" in the Menu...

What is the problem?
How did you go about installing it ?
Aleph
From a USB stick made with Antix utilities.
Shay
Did you use UNetbootin to make the USB stick?
Aleph
If I am right I used antix2usb from an old 13.2 partition
Shay
I hope some can help, because I have never used it.

I always use UNetbootin from the menu.
Aleph
Today the system updated a lot of Antix files, however the problem persists
dolphin_oracle
Just delete the desktop icon for the installer. An update will never remove it because it's in your home folder.
Aleph
dolphin_oracle wrote:Just delete the desktop icon for the installer. An update will never remove it because it's in your home folder.
Thanks Dolphin_Oracle,

the installer is in the Menu, for JWM and Fluxbox only.
dolphin_oracle
dolphin_oracle
It should show up in all three menus, they use the same applications menu. Any hoo...

you can use"Menu Manager" in the Preferences menu to hide it. If you use"Menu Manager", you will see two Installer Items. You want the first one, which is actually for antixsources.desktop rather than the installer itself. This is the item in the menu and its exec line is hard-coded to use the demo account. (which is why it complains about the demo user when you try to run it).

The installer is always on the system (the snapshot app needs it), but usually the .desktop file is set to hidden. the actual installer is the second entry, which points to minstall.desktop. This item is hidden by default.

alternately you can edit the .desktop files by hand. they are in /usr/share/applications/antiX/antixsources.desktop. You will want to either set or add this item:

NoDisplay=True
Aleph
Hi Dolphin_oracle,

sorry I don't understand well the process, maybe my poor English.

The installer is only shown in fluxbox and JWM

You can see the 3 desktops here:

dolphin_oracle
Ah, I understand now.

What I mentioned will take care of an instance of the installer if it shows in the Applications Menu>Preferences.

The entries you are showing there are hard-coded in the menu files for each desktop. I have no idea why they are present in fluxbox and jwm but not icewm. Possibly when you upgraded there were questions about using existing files, which if you used the default, would not have been overwritten.

You should be able to remove them by using the Edit settings buttons in the control center, and looking for the Installer entries. They should be near the bottom of the"menu" files.
Aleph
Solved! Thank you very much Dolphin_oracle.