topic title: Installer comments
qosmio
Hi.
Very nice release but i have a request. The installer can only install to one hard drive and for my laptop that is fine but for my main box wich have a 250gb SSD and 2 storage drives it would be nice to be able to choose the ssd for system and another drive for /home. I dont need a ssd for /home. Many computers today have this type of setup so it would be nice to have that feature in the installer so you dont have to move /home from you ssd drive later. That said its a great distro in my opinion and moving /home is easy. Here is how i do it.

You should not need to boot into a live CD. Just log out completely and log in as root.Once logged in as root execute
# telinit 1
this will change you to single user mode and will ensure that you are not using any of the files in /home.
From there, make your changes to fstab to mount your partition as /home. For example you might add:
/dev/sda8 /home ext4 defaults 0 1
to your /etc/fstab. The drive might be different (sda, sdb, sdc etc) on your system and also the filessytem (ext2, ext3, reiser etc) so make sure you know where to put /home and what filesystem you have on the drive you want to use for /home (fdisk -l will help)
Next, copy your current /home onto sda8. Make sure that there are no naming conflicts and that your home folder name still matches your user name.
Once you are sure all your data is safely copied over to sda8, move /home to /home-backup
#mv /home /home-backup
and then manually mount sda8 at /home
#mount /dev/sda8 /home
no additional flags should be needed if you have already updated /etc/fstab appropriately.
Finally, run
#telinit 3
and then log back in as your regular user. Reboot to make sure everything went well. If everything is fine you can safely delete /home-backup if you dont need it.

Other than that thumbs up __{{emoticon}}__

Cheers.
rust collector
Thanks, nice how to.
And yes it would be nice to have that in the installer
julian516
Agreed. I have a desktop with an SSD for the op system and a conventional HD for data files. This is a very good idea. Thanks to qosmio!