4evrplan
I'm trying to install 13.1 from an iso (live cd) to a VirtualBox VM. If I skip step 1b, the installer closes without complaint and doesn't do anything. If I click"Run partition tool..." (step 1b), gparted gives me the error"Invalid partition table - recursive partition on /dev/sr0". If I try to recreate the MBR, it first gives me the recursive table error again, I click ignore, and then it says /dev/sr0 is opened read-only.

If I run the command line installer, it says it cannot find a partition table on the disk. No big deal, I choose to create one and choose the label"msdos", but when I choose"Commit" (and confirm"Yes"), I get that read-only error again,"Cant' write to /dev/sr0, because it is opened read-only".
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Try using gparted to set up the partitions before running the installer.
4evrplan
I got the same error messages, 'recursive partition' followed by 'read-only'.
4evrplan
Wait, is sr0 the CD drive? The installer actually doesn't have any options in the 'Choose disk' drop-down (step 1a). Why isn't my virtual hard drive showing up?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
sr0 is the cd drive. You have nailed the problem re virtual hard drive. How to fix, no idea, sorry.
4evrplan
Okay, rookie mistake; I somehow unmounted the virtual hard drive from withing the VB options before I even booted to AntiX. It's Monday.
DeepDayze
Yes, make sure the virtual hard drive is attached (mounted) to the VM you are setting up. If you want to create a new VHD you can and then use it for installing AntiX to