SamK
antiX-13.2-Full-Stable

Download stage seems OK as no errors seen. Installation proceeds normally through various packages and eventually fails with the following message

Code: Select all

Setting up hpijs (3.12.6-3.1+deb7u1) ...
Processing triggers for menu ...

search all installed packages who need locale packages, please wait ...
grep-dctrl: /var/lib/apt/lists/antix.daveserver.info_stable_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages:590: expected a colon
.grep-dctrl: /var/lib/apt/lists/antix.daveserver.info_stable_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages:590: expected a colon
==================================
enter your code or close the window <ALT> + <F4>
# 
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I think you'll find that the apps have been installed correctly. That message at the end is not an issue, though it is annoying.
SamK
OK. Unfortunately I won't be able to test until the system is returned to it's owner and a wireless printer installed.

I just have a very vague recollection of having read something long ago that this type of condition might be attributable to the way something is packaged. My recall is very fallible.
SamK
anticapitalista wrote:I think you'll find that the apps have been installed correctly.
SamK wrote:Unfortunately I won't be able to test until the system is returned to it's owner and a wireless printer installed.
An update after returning the system to its owner.

Bare facts only, time was not available to diagnose the problem.

The methods of setting up the printer provided by the meta package installer all failed. Each could"see" the physical printer was present, but each failed to set it up.

The method provided via the Control Center (system-config-printer v 1.3.7) worked as expected.

Not conclusive that there is a problem in the meta package, but it seems possible.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
the meta-package installer doesn't set up the printer, it just installs any necessary packages. User still needs to set it up afterwards.
SamK
anticapitalista wrote:User still needs to set it up afterwards.
I may not have been as clear as I hoped. I tried to set up the printer using each the methods supplied by the metapackage installer. None of them worked, only the method shipped within the ISO worked.